Quicken Mac Investment Allocation Reporting

Wes Maulding
Wes Maulding Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Reports (Mac)
For Quicken Mac, is there capability to show asset allocation across multiple investment accounts?

Example: to combine assets across Fidelity brokerage, IRA, RothIRA accounts?

I know there have been recent reporting improvements, but I'm not seeing this capability currently, and would like to avoid having to export portfolios into a spreadsheet to accomplish this.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Wes Maulding Yes, there are a few ways to do this, depending on what accounts you have.

In the left sidebar, all your investing accounts appear under a main heading of "Investing" and the under subheadings such as "Brokerage" and "Retirement". If you want to see your asset allocation across all your investment accounts, click on the "Investing" heading to include all your accounts, then set the filters in to Portfolio to show what you want (such as "By Asset Class"). If you just want to see all your retirement accounts, click on Retirement in the left sidebar.

But you're asking about seeing all your Fidelity accounts together, and I don't know if you have other brokerages in your portfolio. If you do, there is a way to select specific accounts, but it's not intuitive and is somewhat annoying if you need to see it with any frequency. First, click on "Investing". Notice that the third filter shows "All Investing Accounts". Pull down the menu from "All Investing Accounts" and select one of your Fidelity accounts in that menu. the third filter will display the name of the account you just selected. Now here's the non-intuitive part: pull down that same third filter menu again, and select the next Fidelity account. The filter will now show "2 Accounts". Continue to pull down the menu to select additional accounts, one at a time, until the filter is showing the specific accounts you want. The rest of the Portfolio window will be displaying the data for these selected accounts. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Wes Maulding
    Wes Maulding Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @jacobs - This is fantastic! I never thought about selecting multiple accounts from the drop-down menu.

This is just what I was looking for... many thanks!

Now, if only there was a way to make a report to show this ;)
This discussion has been closed.