Chase Reauthorization

Options
I have yet to receive my popup notification to reauthorize my Chase accounts for Quicken; should I be concerned?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  Chase is staggering notifications on a daily basis.  I was just notified yesterday.  Another SU was notified today.  A couple of other SUs were notified 2 days ago.  They are controlling who they notify and by when.  The process won't be completed until later this month.
    BTW, I wouldn't be to anxious to make the conversion.  For some people the conversion process completes well but others have been encountering issues.  It is my understanding that there will be a hotfix coming out this coming week to address at least some of those issues so waiting a while long might be a good thing to do.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  Chase is staggering notifications on a daily basis.  I was just notified yesterday.  Another SU was notified today.  A couple of other SUs were notified 2 days ago.  They are controlling who they notify and by when.  The process won't be completed until later this month.
    BTW, I wouldn't be to anxious to make the conversion.  For some people the conversion process completes well but others have been encountering issues.  It is my understanding that there will be a hotfix coming out this coming week to address at least some of those issues so waiting a while long might be a good thing to do.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• WagonDriver
    WagonDriver Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have an issue where I cannot map the accounts to existing accounts, only old closed accounts. I'll wait and see if the hotfix addresses this.
  • TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have Quicken Deluxe with the latest update 43.20. I am still not able to link to existing account. Work around is to deactivate and add account again. And then it will show the linked account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TF said:
    I have Quicken Deluxe with the latest update 43.20. I am still not able to link to existing account. Work around is to deactivate and add account again. And then it will show the linked account.
    When I saw this:

And where the Moderators have mentioned it, I was really in disbelief, and it looks like I was right to doubt it.

"Forever" the way Quicken has worked is that it will not link/present existing linked accounts for linking to "new accounts/information".  Clearly if they thought they changed the behavior, they didn't execute that code correctly.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jon E.
    Jon E. Member
    Options
    I just updated to R43.26 and I was able to authorize and link to existing chase accounts without having to disable online access etc. It seems to be fixed in 43.26
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon E. said:
    I just updated to R43.26 and I was able to authorize and link to existing chase accounts without having to disable online access etc. It seems to be fixed in 43.26
    Yes, I tried this with R43.26 and it worked for me too.  But I would point out that from what I have read in the threads it isn't working for 100% of the people that have tried it.
    Signature:
  • iseealine
    iseealine Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken instructions were vague and/or wrong. I deactivated one of 2 chase credit cards. it went to the chase site to re auth. then the account was there to link. BUT not the other one - it just said dont add or link or something with no drop down. So I did the same to that account and at the end it would not link the other account but in the end both re authorized. Why does this have to be so difficult?? Quicken?? Chase???
  • dregister
    dregister Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken (R43.32) still has not given me the Reauthorize popup to switch me to EWC+ when I update my Chase credit card. Am I correct that this popup should be triggered when update my account in Quicken via Direct Connect? If so, shouldn't I have been offered this Reauthorize popup by now? What do I do if it does not offer it beyond the Sep 26th cut off date for Direct Connect?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dregister said:
    Quicken (R43.32) still has not given me the Reauthorize popup to switch me to EWC+ when I update my Chase credit card. Am I correct that this popup should be triggered when update my account in Quicken via Direct Connect? If so, shouldn't I have been offered this Reauthorize popup by now? What do I do if it does not offer it beyond the Sep 26th cut off date for Direct Connect?
    Try:  Tools -> One Step Update
    Signature:
  • dregister
    dregister Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. That worked. I was so much in the habit of doing an "Update Now" from the Actions Cog that I forgot that the One Step Update function might do something different.
This discussion has been closed.