Online Payee List disabled

Today I upgraded to Quicken R43.20 on Windows 10. After that I was required to reactivate my login information with Chase which resulted in a new Chase local account. I also enabled Quicken Bill Manger for the new Chase local account, but when I try to use an entry in my Online Payee List, I cannot do it, the New, Use and Pay buttons are grayed out. I also noticed that the financial institution on the top of the Online Payees list shows "Show all Online Payees" and no option to select my Chase account.
What happened? What else must I do to have my Chase account connected to the Payee list? As mentioned, the account is already activated for Quicken Bill Manager.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That has always been my understanding.  They are two different systems that work completely different with no chance of the payees being converted between the two.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Andrea Mazzario

Unfortunately, the Online Payee List in your Quicken datafile cannot be used with Quicken's Bill Manager function. 

The Online Payee list was developed for paying bills through your bank's Direct Connect function.  Bill Manager is a third party application that has its own data requirements and apparently cannot utilize the data in the Online Payee list.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Andrea Mazzario

If you haven't already setup Quicken Bill Manager. you need to do that as the first step.  Please follow the detailed instructions located at this LINK first. Once you've completed those steps you should be able make payments.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any follow-up questions.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Hi @Frankx

I have enabled Quicken bill manager and enabled my Chase account for Quick Pay. I did not manually add any payee, I was hoping to be able to reuse the payees in the Online Payee List, I have around 100 of them. The instructions in the link you sent me seem to indicate that I would need to reenter manually all of them! Is that really so? There is no way to reuse the payees already in the Online Payee list?

Andrea
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That has always been my understanding.  They are two different systems that work completely different with no chance of the payees being converted between the two.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Andrea Mazzario

Unfortunately, the Online Payee List in your Quicken datafile cannot be used with Quicken's Bill Manager function. 

The Online Payee list was developed for paying bills through your bank's Direct Connect function.  Bill Manager is a third party application that has its own data requirements and apparently cannot utilize the data in the Online Payee list.

Frankx

• Thank you @Frankx and @Chris_QPW, I am not happy about the disabling of the Online Payee list, but at least I now understand the situation.

Andrea
This discussion has been closed.