Difficulty Updating Chase Accounts

Options
Peter P.
Peter P. Member
I'm trying to follow the instructions for the Chase Accounts changes.

Step 1. Start a ONE STEP UPDATE.

Where is it? It's not on any of my menu pulldowns!

Comments

• mindyflauto
    mindyflauto Member ✭✭
    Options
    i have the same problem. can't find anything that says tools or one step update
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    One Step Update is the process for downloading transactions into Quicken from all financial institutions at the same time (i.e., in one step).
    If you don't download transactions from all financial institutions at the same time but instead download from each one independently, then download only from Chase.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Peter P.
    Peter P. Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It took a while, but after reading your reply I found it. Unfortunately, Quicken's instructions are not clear.

I had to go to Accounts > Set Up Transaction Download... to perform the process.

Thanks for your reply!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Peter P. said:
    It took a while, but after reading your reply I found it. Unfortunately, Quicken's instructions are not clear.

I had to go to Accounts > Set Up Transaction Download... to perform the process.

Thanks for your reply!
    I'm glad it worked for you.  FYI, the Chase changes are applicable only to those have been downloading from Chase from within Quicken (One Step Update or OSU).  Those who were not previously using OSU to download transactions from Chase are not affected.  Accounts being set up for Chase downloads via OSU for the 1st time will be set up with the new connection method right from the start...which sounds like what you have just done.   Now that you have Chase set up for downloads from within Quicken I hope you will find that you like it.  I know I certainly have with all of my financial institutions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Dani RR
    Dani RR Member ✭✭
    Options
    One Step Update is what you are doing when Quicken is downloading transactions. I usually start it by clicking the circle-y arrow in a circle shaped button in the accounts sidebar. It can also be started from the Accounts menu pulldown where it is listed as "Update All Online Accounts" or by using the keyboard shortcut: shift-command-U.
  • Peter P.
    Peter P. Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Now that I've updated whatever this Chase update is supposed to do, it looks like Quicken added a Chase card account on the sidebar that tracks my balance. I'll have to see whatever other benefits this provides.

Thanks again for the explanations and guidance!
This discussion has been closed.