What happened to the custom toolbar button for scheduled investment transactions?

jwkz
jwkz Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Seems to have vanished from the Customize Toolbar menu in one of the recent upgrades.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    jwkz said:
    Thanks, guys, for the suggestions. This is a great forum!

I see the reminders under Manage Bills and Income, but what I need is not a reminder, but an automated entry of dividends and interest into my investment accounts. At least that's how it used to work, and still does for the scheduled transactions I created prior to the recent version change. If I could just edit those transactions and create new ones, all would be well.

How does one submit a request to the Quicken development team to fix a feature that apparently has been broken by a version change?
    When you add a new Dividend or Interest Income Reminder, you can set it up to either "Remind you [xx] days in advance" or you can change to "Automatically enter [xx] days in advance".
    Click on the blue word "(change)" under Optional Settings next to "Remind me". This will open the blue dialog box where you can change to "Automatically enter ..."
    If the 3 lines under Optional Settings don't show, click the little triangle to the left of it, to expand the selection.
    This Remind me / Auto-enter function is available for all reminders of all types, as needed.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the one called Memorized Investment Transactions?
    For me, using Q HB&R R 43.20, it still exists.
  • jwkz
    jwkz Member ✭✭
    No, the one that used to say Scheduled Investment Transactions. They were memorized transactions that were scheduled to repeat, say monthly or quarterly, such as regular stock dividend payments or interest on bonds.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many versions ago was that? 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jwkz
    jwkz Member ✭✭
    Can't be sure. The last time I needed to change or add a scheduled transaction was six months ago, at which time it was fine.

I should add that the existing scheduled transactions are still working to automatically enter interest and dividends into my investment account registers. But I no longer see any way to edit or create new schedules.

BTW, this is a great feature that I have been using continuously since Quicken 2002.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jwkz said:
    Can't be sure. The last time I needed to change or add a scheduled transaction was six months ago, at which time it was fine.

I should add that the existing scheduled transactions are still working to automatically enter interest and dividends into my investment account registers. But I no longer see any way to edit or create new schedules.

BTW, this is a great feature that I have been using continuously since Quicken 2002.
    Reading some documentation somewhere I saw a note that scheduled investment interest and dividend transactions are now supposed to be accessible directly from the Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders view.
    Since all my div and int payments download automagically, I don't have a need for scheduled reminders and can't verify ...

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    You can set up Reminders for investment deposits, interest and dividend income but the setup is very well hidden.
    1. On the Bills & Income tab, click on Manage Manual Bills and Income.
    2. Select Add > Income reminder
    3. In the From box, enter the Payee if it is a deposit. You must enter something but I think it is ignored for interest and dividends.
    4. Select the investing account, then the type of income and the security name if it is dividend or interest
    5. Fill out the rest of the info as for an ordinary Reminder.
    An advantage of  having Reminders for this income is that they feed the Tax Planner with your estimated income.

For other investment transactions, I think you must set up a Scheduled Transaction Group reminder even if there is only one transaction in the group.

QWin Premier subscription
  • jwkz
    jwkz Member ✭✭

I see the reminders under Manage Bills and Income, but what I need is not a reminder, but an automated entry of dividends and interest into my investment accounts. At least that's how it used to work, and still does for the scheduled transactions I created prior to the recent version change. If I could just edit those transactions and create new ones, all would be well.

How does one submit a request to the Quicken development team to fix a feature that apparently has been broken by a version change?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    jwkz said:

When you add a new Dividend or Interest Income Reminder, you can set it up to either "Remind you [xx] days in advance" or you can change to "Automatically enter [xx] days in advance".
    Click on the blue word "(change)" under Optional Settings next to "Remind me". This will open the blue dialog box where you can change to "Automatically enter ..."
    If the 3 lines under Optional Settings don't show, click the little triangle to the left of it, to expand the selection.
    This Remind me / Auto-enter function is available for all reminders of all types, as needed.

• jwkz
    jwkz Member ✭✭
    Bingo! That's got to be the solution. Many thanks, UKR.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go experiment with it and please let us know how it works for you.
This discussion has been closed.