New Chase Process doubled up accounts in Quicken Mac

Options
I know the process is changing with Chase via paying bills but we were earlier told that we had to the end of September to move off the ability to pay checks directly from the Quicken register.

That being said, today (Sept. 6 2022) when I went to Update everything I had to re-enter my chase login credentials.  Then Quicken required me to re-establish my links via linking my Chase Credit Cards as "existing" accounts but not my Chase checking or savings accounts--this it required me to either ignore or set up new.  I choose later as I did not want to ignore and now I have two Chase Checking Accounts and two Chase Savings Accounts, both with the same current balance.

What should I do and how to I re-establish downloading into the legacy Chase checking and savings accounts?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    jcoley2 said:
    I know the process is changing with Chase via paying bills but we were earlier told that we had to the end of September to move off the ability to pay checks directly from the Quicken register.

That being said, today (Sept. 6 2022) when I went to Update everything I had to re-enter my chase login credentials.  Then Quicken required me to re-establish my links via linking my Chase Credit Cards as "existing" accounts but not my Chase checking or savings accounts--this it required me to either ignore or set up new.  I choose later as I did not want to ignore and now I have two Chase Checking Accounts and two Chase Savings Accounts, both with the same current balance.

What should I do and how to I re-establish downloading into the legacy Chase checking and savings accounts?
    Hello @jcoley2,     

I do apologize about this issue with account duplication. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

In the future, choosing the Ignore option seems to be the best way to avoid duplication of accounts. For now, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup File... then try making use of the steps provided in this Support Article, notably those under the section titled Reactivating an Account Causes Duplicates.

Let us know how this works for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jcoley2 said:

Hello @jcoley2,     

I do apologize about this issue with account duplication. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

In the future, choosing the Ignore option seems to be the best way to avoid duplication of accounts. For now, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... then try making use of the steps provided in this Support Article, notably those under the section titled Reactivating an Account Causes Duplicates.

Let us know how this works for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Ok this time on activation the link to existing account showed up--I would point out that was not there 3 days ago.

That being said, on my Chase Credit card which I did link 3 days ago successfully every time I am running Update is asking to activate.  When I ignore, it still loads transitions into my legacy Chase credit card.  But if I repeat process it goes back to Chase Activation.

Clearly there is a bug.
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK today it no longer requires me to reactivate so that has been finally fixed.
This discussion has been closed.