Bill and Income Reminder (BIR) has incorrect data - phone support can't help

harleygj1
harleygj1 Member ✭✭
I was having problems with One Step Update (OSU) which were resolved by phone support (ticket nr 9677816). However, this created a new problem with Bill and Income Reminder (BIR). The total for my checking account in BIR does not match the register for this account. The register is correct, matching my online account. I rely on BIR to manage my accounts and need a fix.
On a second phone chat we did a Super Validation of my data, but it didn’t help. The agent told me that although Super Validation had stopped, it was probably working in background and could take up to an hour to finish. We hung up, I checked Task Manager for background activity and found none. I think he just wanted me off the phone.
I called again a few days later and this agent kept telling me BIR wouldn't have the same balance as my register or online account because it doesn't have all the account activity, only expected future activity. I told him I've been using Quicken for over 20 years and it was always the same balance until the OSU fix. He kept telling me I was wrong.
How can I get this problem fixed?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you refer to "the total for my checking account in BIR", where exactly in Quicken are you looking? Is it the Bills & Income > Projected Balances page, or someplace else?

If it is the Projected Balances page, is the problem with the chart at the top, the table at the bottom, or what?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • harleygj1
    harleygj1 Member ✭✭
    I am looking at the bar chart at the bottom. The bar for the current day normally agrees with the online account and the register.
  • harleygj1
    harleygj1 Member ✭✭
    l just went on the Bills and Income tab at the top of the display and then the Bills tab underneath. I clicked the update symbol on the right and now the balance in BIR is correct.
  • Jim_Harman
    I am glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Just for the record, please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version of Quicken you are running.

Also under the Bills tab, what is the selection at the top left?

I am running QWin Premier R43.20 and I don't see a bar chart under the Bills tab. What is your selection at the top left of the Bills tab? Is it Calendar View? The chart is displayed below the calendar, but only if I select Income & Transfers, not Bills.

Thanks for clarifying.
  • harleygj1
    harleygj1 Member ✭✭
    Version R43.20
    The bar chart is part of the Bill and Income Reminders tab at the bottom of the account register display.
  • Jim_Harman
    Are you looking at a Home tab view or something? I don't see any graph at the bottom of an account register.

Could you post a screenshot of what you see, with numbers blanked out, just so we are on the same page, so to speak?
  • harleygj1
    harleygj1 Member ✭✭
    The Bill and Income Reminders tab is what is at the bottom of the account register. Go to a checking or savings account to see it (it's not there for an investing account). Click the tab and the BIR display pops up. If you don't see the bar chart, select the Show Graph button near the top left.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited September 2022
    harleygj1 said:
    The Bill and Income Reminders tab is what is at the bottom of the account register. Go to a checking or savings account to see it (it's not there for an investing account). Click the tab and the BIR display pops up. If you don't see the bar chart, select the Show Graph button near the top left.

That is very odd. I don't have a graph or a Show Graph button where you describe. When I click on Bill and Income Reminders at the bottom of an account register, it moves up (doesn't pop up) and shows pending reminders for the account and there is an Add button and a Manage Bills & Income button. To the right there is a clickable line that says "Lowest forecast before" with a date and amount but there is no graph.

Maybe someone else can jump in and explain the difference in what we are seeing. 
  • harleygj1
    harleygj1 Member ✭✭
    You are right. I forgot the step: click on the Manage Bill and Income button
  • Jim_Harman
    edited September 2022
    OK, now I see it. The graph is on the Bill and Income Reminders page, which can be accessed as @harleygj1 describes, or from the Manage Manual Bills and Income button on the Bills & Income tab, or from Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders. On that page, there is a "Show graph" checkbox. 

The bar graph shows the daily projected balance for one or more accounts for the current or selected month. In some ways this graph is more useful than the Projected Balances stacked line graph.

This discussion has been closed.