Accepting Downloaded Sell Transactions, Forced to Choose Cost Basis Method

nsosdian
nsosdian Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Whenever I have downloaded transactions including sales, Quicken does not allow me to "accept all". I have to accept each one individually and then choose a cost basis method despite the fact that all securities in list have "average cost basis" selected. This is really a waste of time, especially for IRA account. Is there any way to avoid this?

Best Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have never used the following option and wonder if it will do what you want?  Edit menu > Preferences > Downloaded Transactions > Settings > "Automatic Assignment instead of prompting on Accept"

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    BK said:
    I have never used the following option and wonder if it will do what you want?  Edit menu > Preferences > Downloaded Transactions > Settings > "Automatic Assignment instead of prompting on Accept"

I have my investment accounts set up like this and it has worked really well for me....usually.  Once in a while I am still prompted to assign the lot(s) for a SELL transaction but that is an exception and it does not happen very often.  Usually, Quicken simply takes care of it for me.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    BK said:

I have my investment accounts set up like this and it has worked really well for me....usually.  Once in a while I am still prompted to assign the lot(s) for a SELL transaction but that is an exception and it does not happen very often.  Usually, Quicken simply takes care of it for me.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• nsosdian
    nsosdian Member ✭✭
    Many thanks, this did the trick! I've used Quicken forever, probably since the first version, and somehow never discovered Preferences. Slow learner.
This discussion has been closed.