Suddenly I Can't open Quicken Mac 6.9.0 on OSX High Sierra, anybody else? (quicken cloud error)

Options
catmandoo62
catmandoo62 Member
Suddenly I Can't open Quicken on High Sierra, anybody else?
"can't login to cloud" is the error im getting
1 Week ago, top of September Quicken Deluxe on my mac stopped working.
Anybody else having this problem? I called support they were useless, telling me it wont work beyond the 2 most recent versions of Mac OSX.......(BUT I"VE BEEN USING IT ON HIGH SIERRA FOR A LONG LONG TIME)..
Has anybody successfully solved this? if not have you converted your data to a PC version of quicken? The phone rep offer that they could do this, to convert to Windows format.

Please advise.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I don't have a Mac running High Sierra to test this. Is your Mac capable of upgrading one version of macOS — to Mojave? I can attest that the program still runs okay on Mojave.

Quicken's official support policy is that they only support the current and two prior versions of macOS — so Monterey, Big Sur and Catalina. But the program typically works for one or more older versions of the operating system. After all, when Apple releases the new Ventura operating system next month, it won't instantly make the program stop working on Catalina. But over time, as changes are made in the program code, the developers aren't testing on old operating systems, so things can break. Sometimes the developers will make a fix for the old OS, and sometimes they won't — and sometimes they aren't even aware.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • catmandoo62
    Options
    i see well thank you. It does seem to be that approx Sept 1, or so it stopped working on high sierra. of course, i'd love to know if other users are having the same problem?
    It would be nice if such cessation of OS support was more documented.
    The phone rep told me Windows quicken is more forgiving....with other versions of windows does anybody know this to be true or not?
    At the moment im trying to install Catalina on another drive on my mac, just for the purpose of quicken.
  • catmandoo62
    Options
    PS jacobs, yes my 2012 Mac Pro can run mojave, appreciate your telling me this , per your point mojave is more than 2, just re-read your post yes...but anyway im trying dosdude's version of catalina tonight i'll see how goes.
    I've been using quicken for years, way way back on old pc's. to present, its really bad when it has issues like this and the "cloud error" is so vague. its cruel :))
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It would be nice if such cessation of OS support was more documented.
    I believe that when the development team knows they are implementing functionality which will not work on one of the older operating systems, they will make this known. They did this when Quicken stopped working on El Capitan and Sierra. But as I noted above, there are times some piece of the program fails on an old operating system and it's something they may not be aware of because they don't test updates on the old operating systems. 

I've been using quicken for years, way way back on old pc's. to present, its really bad when it has issues like this and the "cloud error" is so vague. its cruel :))
    I think the lesson to all of us is to keep somewhat current with operating system and software program updates, because never-ending updates will get you if you lag too far behind. (I say this as someone who still runs Mojave on one of my Macs! I haven't wanted to lose use of my old Adobe applications which I find are now too expensive to subscribe to, but I know I have to move on/catch up or Quicken and other programs on my Mac will break at some point.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Robin C
    Robin C Member
    Options
    Having the same problem. It is infuriating because a troubleshooting tip on the Quicken site said to log out. Now I can't log in. It's hard to get rid of a perfectly good computer just because my subscription-paid software won't allow me to log in.
This discussion has been closed.