Separate accounts showing in reports

lazlong
lazlong Member ✭✭
I selected to make an account separate, but it is still showing up in reports, which I thought was a reason to separate it. Specifically, the "current budget" report.
Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If the "current budget report" is the only report that this separate credit card account shows up in, I would be of the view that such behavior might be reasonable, and perhaps even expected.

I do understand that the general understanding is that separate accounts do not appear in reposts, but - especially if you are budgeting the spending for this account - I can see how showing the account in budget related reports would make sense.

You may be able to prevent it from appearing by modifying the report parameters.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I know that if one has a saved report that has an account included and all one did is change the setting on the account to separate it wouldn't remove it from that saved report.  Likewise even though I haven't tested it I could certainly see that if an account was already selected in the budget, changing the account setting might not take it out of the budget.

You can select Budget Actions -> Select Accounts, and then the check box Show Separate accounts and see if that account is selected there, and if it is deselect it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @lazlong,

Separate accounts should not show up in reports, although that isn't the only reason one might choose to make an account separate. 

Which report, or reports, are you seeing this account appear in?  Is this new behavior, or have you always seen the account in this report?  Which type of account is this?  Any additional details may help us to figure this out.

Thanks.

Frankx 

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• lazlong
    lazlong Member ✭✭
    This is not a new account. However, I recently set it to separate to isolate it from reports. The account is a credit card type. Interestingly the account transactions do not show in the categorized spending, etc, but transactions appear in the current budget report. I deleted "my saved reports' to ensure wasn't something associated to a customization.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If the "current budget report" is the only report that this separate credit card account shows up in, I would be of the view that such behavior might be reasonable, and perhaps even expected.

I do understand that the general understanding is that separate accounts do not appear in reposts, but - especially if you are budgeting the spending for this account - I can see how showing the account in budget related reports would make sense.

You may be able to prevent it from appearing by modifying the report parameters.

Frankx

• lazlong
    lazlong Member ✭✭
    This may be a specific application, but don't think unique. Perhaps there is a better method? I have a credit card account where I want to download and monitor transactions, however don't want transactions from this account to be included as budgeted. I think I can create a report removing the account, I was just surprised that the separate account status did not achieve this. Thanks
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I know that if one has a saved report that has an account included and all one did is change the setting on the account to separate it wouldn't remove it from that saved report.  Likewise even though I haven't tested it I could certainly see that if an account was already selected in the budget, changing the account setting might not take it out of the budget.

You can select Budget Actions -> Select Accounts, and then the check box Show Separate accounts and see if that account is selected there, and if it is deselect it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lazlong
    lazlong Member ✭✭
    Thanks. It was selected.
This discussion has been closed.