How to restore prior year files?

Options
When I select File>Open Quicken File, I navigate to file location, click on the file (its not a backup or copy) and a sign-in appears. The "username" is prefilled to the username in effect then (2013), yeah they used those back then, and I enter the password in effect at the time. It says invalid credentials. The email in use at that time is defunct. What do I do?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QW2013 did not use a Id/Password.  It is your current version of Quicken that needs a ID/PW to be associated with the Quicken data file.
    I can say this with certainly because I have just done an experiment in reverting my subscription Quicken data file to QW2013 using .QIF file export/import.  The Quicken Id required with using Quicken started in QW2014 and it was actually an Intuit Id.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can confirm that 2013 was the last version to NOT have an ID.  I'm still using 2013 and never had to set up an ID.  Maybe you had upgraded 2013 to a newer version like 2014?  Or you bought 2014 in the fall of 2013 when it came out. 

Here's an idea.  Do you have access to another computer?  You can download Q2013 for free and see if it opens the file.  I'm using 2013 on Windows 10.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.