Enabling Payment Accounts for Quicken Bill Manager

There are several threads regarding payment accounts but not this issue. I have successfully used Bill Pay in the past but now, when attempting to enter an online bill payment, I am asked to enable the payment account that was enabled in the past but now shows as not enabled. When attempting to enable, I am told to choose an account that is not already enabled???

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    TJMay said:
    There are several threads regarding payment accounts but not this issue. I have successfully used Bill Pay in the past but now, when attempting to enter an online bill payment, I am asked to enable the payment account that was enabled in the past but now shows as not enabled. When attempting to enable, I am told to choose an account that is not already enabled???
    Hello @TJMay

I do apologize about this trouble with Bill Manager and making payments. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you noticing this problem with multiple billers and across multiple accounts? Also, it sounds as though you are seeing a different account when trying to enable another you had previously selected, is that correct? Where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    And thank you for responding! I was wondering whether anyone would attempt to answer this question.

To be thorough in my response to your questions, a little more depth might be in order.

There are only two accounts that are possible payment accounts; one is PayPal which I have never enabled as a payment account and a linked checking account to an investment account at Schwab which was enabled at one time.

Now, when I attempt to use any biller, both of the possible payment accounts are presented but neither are enabled. Then, an attempt to enable either returns the message to pick an account that is not enabled elsewhere!

The quicken file is located on the desktop's local drive. It was at one time located on my DropBox but that was relocated a long time ago.

As a side note, Quicken support has apparently washed their hands of this issue after over 4 hours online. Very disappointing...
  • Quicken Jared
    TJMay said:
    And thank you for responding! I was wondering whether anyone would attempt to answer this question.

To be thorough in my response to your questions, a little more depth might be in order.

There are only two accounts that are possible payment accounts; one is PayPal which I have never enabled as a payment account and a linked checking account to an investment account at Schwab which was enabled at one time.

Now, when I attempt to use any biller, both of the possible payment accounts are presented but neither are enabled. Then, an attempt to enable either returns the message to pick an account that is not enabled elsewhere!

The quicken file is located on the desktop's local drive. It was at one time located on my DropBox but that was relocated a long time ago.

As a side note, Quicken support has apparently washed their hands of this issue after over 4 hours online. Very disappointing...
    Hello @TJMay

Thanks for getting back to me about this; I do apologize that this has been causing so much frustration, and for unsatisfactory experiences with Support.

Are you currently attempting to make payments through the Quick Pay feature, or the Check Pay feature? Also, is there any way you could provide a screenshot of the error you're noticing? For reference, you can view the FAQ linked here for details about how to submit screenshots to the Quicken Community. Note that you can also drag and drop images into your comment before it has been posted.

I hope to hear back from you with more information.

Thank you,

Quicken
  • TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Neither feature is available to me at this time as no matter which I attempt, I am presented with the screen which shows the two possible payment accounts but am unable to enable either. The below screenshot shows the message that reports that the chosen payment account is enabled already?

• TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    This one might help too...

• TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    It has now been two weeks since Quicken Support has responded to me when asking about the status of this issue!

Does anyone know of any other, perhaps higher level of support, that I might seek out?
  • Quicken Jared
    TJMay said:
    It has now been two weeks since Quicken Support has responded to me when asking about the status of this issue!

Does anyone know of any other, perhaps higher level of support, that I might seek out?
    Hello @TJMay,    

I do apologize that you did not receive a response sooner, and for this frustrating issue. Thanks for reaching out again about this.

After further investigation, the issue has already been forwarded to the proper channels. We are aware of the issue and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible, although we currently do not have an ETA regarding when this will be. When we get an update, our team will reach out to you. We apologize for the wait, and we appreciate your patience.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    TJMay said: This one might help too...
    just to be aware - this is a PUBLIC user peer group forum -
    so careful what exactly you post in any screen captures.... nothing "detailed" so far - just all your account names

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the warning, QWin. I saw the account names but didn't think that would expose me too badly.
  • TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    It has now been almost a month since my issue with Quicken Windows was reported to Support.

Apparently, they have not been able to resolve this issue and I have heard nothing from Support for another two weeks.

Is there a higher level of support that might take an interest in this issue?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    So, what happens if you try to enable any of these accounts for Quicken Bill Manager Bill Payment ?
    - Paypal
    - Schwab Checking 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Either will return a message after entering routing and account number that I need to select an account that is not already in use with a Quicken payment account! See the attached screenshot...

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    you should really not post the full screen shots listing your entire data -
    just use the focused window of specific info....
    I have gone back thru your postings and added just the specific info from your full screen captures.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TJMay
    TJMay Member ✭✭
    Thanks for that, Ps56k2.

Do you have any insight into the issue that continues to prohibit me from using Quicken Bill Pay?
This discussion has been closed.