Different new Chase Update issue. New Update replaces reconciled trans without asking

Windows Premier R43.20

I have been backing up my file everyday without the Chase update. I deactivate my Chase accounts, then do the new update. If it does not work, I restore and wait another day.

Chase allowed my Chase Invest account correctly and updates only that account correctly. It does not work for Checking, Savings, CCard.

By deactivating, this allows me to link to my existing accounts correctly. However, when I do the update it deletes reconciled transactions adds non categorized transactions without asking me to accept. WTH?

Unsurprisingly, this is a typical poorly executed transition. Quicken has been doing this for 20 plus years. I have been using Quicken for 20 plus years. Quicken should be the gold standard for execution of these types of transitions. Alas, they are average at best.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, the reason your investment accounts aren't experiencing any problems is because they aren't being converted.  The moderators said they would be, but as of now it hasn't happened.  And yes I know they are listed at Chase as accounts to select, but that doesn't do anything.  If you look at your investment accounts you will see that they are still Direct Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DavdM
    DavdM Member ✭✭
    Why is it that every time Quicken comes out with something "new and improved" and gives you no choice but to install it, it causes all sorts of problems. I too cannot get this mandatory Chase update to work - heck, I can't even install it. Instructions say to simply go to "Update" and follow the prompts. I go to "Update" and it simply updates my Chase accounts as it always has - no prompts or windows to proceed. How about we simply leave everything as it is - it works fine the way it is.
  • I have been using Quicken on my Mac for more than 20 years. This year, Quicken upgrades have had some serious problems. But today, ALL my Quicken files are messed up. Do I have to clear everything, and begin with new files from scratch? Does Quicken staff test new versions, before they instal??
  • Hello, I have stopped this thread. Here si the one I am following at this point.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917620/new-chase-account-authorization-unable-to-link-accounts#latest
This discussion has been closed.