ZZ Guru - new account I never created appeared today for the first time on my update account list

Options
YDB
YDB Member
When I attempted an update, I thought to decline to update this account because I never heard of zz guru before. During the update Quicken crashed. Other possible cause is possibly because I tried to look at an account during the update. When I look up zz guru online it shows possibly as a Russia based site which raised my concern level. Does anyone know information regarding zz guru? Thank you and have a safe day.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YDB said:
    When I attempted an update, I thought to decline to update this account because I never heard of zz guru before. During the update Quicken crashed. Other possible cause is possibly because I tried to look at an account during the update. When I look up zz guru online it shows possibly as a Russia based site which raised my concern level. Does anyone know information regarding zz guru? Thank you and have a safe day.
    Hello @YDB

I am sorry to hear about this troubling problem with the mysterious 'zz guru' account appearing in your Account List. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

I would like to know more about this problem; when did this begin, and do you remember what may have been happening in the program prior to that? Is there any way you could navigate to the Account List, click the Edit button next to the 'zz guru' account, and then navigate to the Details tab; would you also be willing to provide a screenshot of what you see here, with any personal information redacted, as necessary? You can consult the FAQ linked here for more details about how to submit screenshots here on the Quicken Community. Note that you may also drag and drop your image into your comment before it has been posted.

I hope to hear more from you about this, if you should have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is the first time that - ZZ Guru - has appeared in any postings in the forum ?
    Yes, it would be interesting to see what the Account Details shows.... and how this account was magically created.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• margipromos
    Options
    On 9/21/22, I clicked "Tools" - then "One-Step Update". I then looked at my One-Step Update Account List, and there was a mystery account called zzGuru. I closed One-Step Udpdate, and Quicken crashed. I then put the computer in airplane mode. I googled, "zzGuru Quicken" and found YDB's 9/18/22 post. I then called Customer Support. I reported my situation and YDB's post to the support person. I was then asked by the support person to re-create my steps - but, given I was concerned this is a Trojan or other such thing, stated hesiation about taking it out of airplane mode. The support person agreed, opened the ticket, and I was then told not to use Quicken or lift airplane mode, and to call back in 2-days for an update. I called back today (9/23/22) and no update is available. Please advise.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for @margipromos and @YDB -
    what Quicken Accounts do you download via OSU that seemed to create this zzGuru account ?
    and any info on the Account Details ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.