RE: RESOLVED 9/14/22 Zonealarm Anti-Virus: What is the "resolution"?

Options
John QW
John QW Member ✭✭
So I see the issue is marked "resolved" but not what the resolution was. I don't see any quicken s references to the issue in the quicken release notes.

Is there a required update for Zone Alarm (either program or data/virus definitions)?

I have been holding off on any further Quicken updates until this was resolved, so looking for the next steps.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say the "resolution" is that there have been two new versions released since they released the one that was signed by an expired certificate, which caused the problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • John QW
    John QW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Chris. Was this in a release note somewhere and I missed the version that fix went in?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John QW said:
    Thanks Chris. Was this in a release note somewhere and I missed the version that fix went in?
    There wasn't really a "fix" to the program or the installer, and as such it wouldn't be noted in the release notes.  They really should have stated something in the Announcement about this, but clearly the development team isn't feeding the Moderators with all the details or they don't feel users would understand.

After the developers create an install for Quicken they need to sign it with their certificate.  This is what puts the publisher name on the install dialog you see, and if you look deeper into the details you can see the certificate that signed it.

These certificates expire every year.  What happened with the R43.14 release/install is that their certificate expired just before they used it to sign R43.14.  The anti-virus software checks that expired date and either warns or blocks the install.

So, once they realized that their certificate had expired they would renew it. So, when they released the next version it was signed by the new certificate that won't expire until next year.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.