File Validate and Repair message

Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
I find this to be especially useless. I have over 100 bills/reminders. How am I supposed to know which one was removed? Maybe give me a clue about which one...
QDF:
Validating your data.
Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it.  Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I find this to be especially useless. I have over 100 bills/reminders. How am I supposed to know which one was removed? Maybe give me a clue about which one...
    QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it.  Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

Hello @Greg Brown,   

I apologize about this problem with repairing online billers. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, we will need some additional information about what is happening. What issue was occurring that prompted you to try to use the Validate and Repair Online Billers feature? What message, specifically, are you seeing if and when this feature is used? Also, have you noticed any problems with the Opening Balance in the account register(s), itself? Note that you may consult the FAQ linked here for information about how to submit any available screenshots regarding this issue you may have; make sure that all personal identifying information has been removed, if and when you choose to submit screenshots. Also note that you may submit screenshots by dragging and dropping your image into the comment box before you have posted your comment. 

I look forward to hearing your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greg Brown
    The reason I have to use validate/repair is because I am having ongoing problems with Quicken crashing. I have been working with support on this, to no avail. So when it crashes I run validate/repair...

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    The reason I have to use validate/repair is because I am having ongoing problems with Quicken crashing. I have been working with support on this, to no avail. So when it crashes I run validate/repair...
    Hello @Greg Brown

I am sorry about this problem with the program crashing and hanging, and that it has continued for so long. Thanks for following up with me and providing answers to my earlier questions.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I hope to hear more about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greg Brown
    Hello @Greg Brown

I am sorry about this problem with the program crashing and hanging, and that it has continued for so long. Thanks for following up with me and providing answers to my earlier questions.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I hope to hear more about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Yes, I have uninstalled/reinstalled it numerous times. Just got finished reinstalling windows(fun). But my question was about the lack of specificity from the validate/repair process.

This discussion has been closed.