New Chase EWC+

Tom Knueven
Tom Knueven Member ✭✭
I keep receiving emails regarding instructions to reauthorize my Chase accounts. I update Quicken daily and have yet to receive any messages or notifications referenced in the emails. Is it already updated? How do I tell? Is there a manual update I should be implementing?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The connection method your Chase account is set up with can be determined by at least 3 different methods:
    • ACCOUNT LIST:  It will be shown in the Transaction Download column.
    • ACCOUNT REGISTER:  It will be shown directly under the Account Name at the top left of the register.
    • ACCOUNT DETAILS:  It will be shown on the Online Services tab.
    If your Chase account(s) has not already been set up with EWC+, you have until 9/26 to complete the reathorizaton and conversion to it.  NOTE: This conversion process to EWC+ applies to accounts other than Investment and Retirement.  The conversion process for Investment and Retirement accounts is not ready at this time so there is no action to take regarding them at this time. 

If your Chase account is not yet set up to EWC+ you can do it manually by:
    1. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    2. Write down the Account's Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.
    3. Deactivate the Account in Account Details on the Online Services tab.
    4. Go to the General tab of Account Details and the Financial Instititution Information (all data above the Contact Name field).
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each and every other Chase account (not including Investment and Retirement accounts) you might have.
    6. Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the prompts > if prompted, be sure to Link the downloaded data to your existing account(s) in Quicken.  NOTE: Some, including myself, have encountered difficulty completing the reauthorization process when Quicken opens your default browser.  If this happens to you, try designating another browser as your default and do this step, again.  I think this is primarily an issue with Firefox.  MS Edge worked well.
    7. Check the Opening Balance dollar amount in the Account Register.  Correct it if it does not match what you wrote down earlier.
    8. Check for duplicate transactions that might have been entered into the register.  Duplicates, if they exist, will likely go back about 3 months and will need to be manually deleted.
    9. Repeat steps 7-8 for each and every Chase account you included in this conversion process.
    10. You account should now be in balance.  If not you will need to do additional troubleshooting to find out what might be causing the imbalance so it can be corrected.
    I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions or run into issues.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    The connection method your Chase account is set up with can be determined by at least 3 different methods:
    • ACCOUNT LIST:  It will be shown in the Transaction Download column.
    • ACCOUNT REGISTER:  It will be shown directly under the Account Name at the top left of the register.
    • ACCOUNT DETAILS:  It will be shown on the Online Services tab.
    If your Chase account(s) has not already been set up with EWC+, you have until 9/26 to complete the reathorizaton and conversion to it.  NOTE: This conversion process to EWC+ applies to accounts other than Investment and Retirement.  The conversion process for Investment and Retirement accounts is not ready at this time so there is no action to take regarding them at this time. 

If your Chase account is not yet set up to EWC+ you can do it manually by:
    1. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    2. Write down the Account's Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.
    3. Deactivate the Account in Account Details on the Online Services tab.
    4. Go to the General tab of Account Details and the Financial Instititution Information (all data above the Contact Name field).
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each and every other Chase account (not including Investment and Retirement accounts) you might have.
    6. Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the prompts > if prompted, be sure to Link the downloaded data to your existing account(s) in Quicken.  NOTE: Some, including myself, have encountered difficulty completing the reauthorization process when Quicken opens your default browser.  If this happens to you, try designating another browser as your default and do this step, again.  I think this is primarily an issue with Firefox.  MS Edge worked well.
    7. Check the Opening Balance dollar amount in the Account Register.  Correct it if it does not match what you wrote down earlier.
    8. Check for duplicate transactions that might have been entered into the register.  Duplicates, if they exist, will likely go back about 3 months and will need to be manually deleted.
    9. Repeat steps 7-8 for each and every Chase account you included in this conversion process.
    10. You account should now be in balance.  If not you will need to do additional troubleshooting to find out what might be causing the imbalance so it can be corrected.
    I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions or run into issues.

• Tom Knueven
    Tom Knueven Member ✭✭
    Thank you greatly for this. Worked well.
  • Boatnmaniac
    You are welcome.  Thanks for confirming that it worked for you.  That can be very helpful to others.

This discussion has been closed.