Quicken downloaded an update that Avast showed had a Trojan virus

Options
2»

Answers

• Berto
    Berto Member ✭✭
    Options
    Heyyyyyy - I figured it out., kinda! I was having the same issue using AVG, so... I uninstalled Quicken., uninstalled AVG (that was a task LoL) then rebooted my PC. Then I reinstalled quicken and ran it - guess what? Same error was found by Microsoft Windows BUT MS Windows gave me an option 'to allow' the error - so I did. Then I rebooted again and ran Quicken - NO ERRORS it ran fine! Moving on I reinstalled AVG., rebooted and ran AVG. I let it do all the things I paid for., scanning etc., when it completed it's work I ran Quicken and it booted up without issues - now the SAD part (which I found out as I typed this) I close Quicken (wanted to verify my info I was typing here) and up on closing the 'Threat Secured' popup from AVG just appeared. Now I'm going to close that window and see what happens when I run Quicken - Stand by.... Quicken icon came up... taking longer then usual to run... (MS Win) 'application is not responding' (end/wait), I chose wait... (bad decision) had to end with 'task manager'... then I restarted Quicken. Took longer then usual (I guess I really don't close it out) BUT no errors!! Hope it continues this way!!! Happy Camper!
  • dhop166
    dhop166 Member
    Options
    I have been getting the Avast malware msg for several days at each Quicken opening. The first time i reported to Quicken. I close the error msg dialog and Q seems to run normal. Avast like Q and Win 10 are auto update so I assume all are current. Against my will, I recently converted to subscription. My old Q2016 never had this prob
  • Mike18049
    Options
    You don’t know the evening I had last night. I was up very late trying to get this to work. I deleted quicken and reloaded about 10 times. Avast says it found the Malware and quarantined it but it is still there. I hope that Quicken will reply back to all those who have this program and pay for it with a message about how to resolve this issue. Hopefully we can all be compensated since we pay monthly for this.

Please revert to your the old version and allow us to do our banking

I am also a business Quickbooks owner so this news doesn’t sit well with product reliability.
  • paulhb
    paulhb Member
    Options
    this appears to have been fixed by Avast last night. Quicken works for me today even after a reboot.
  • bkbanister
    bkbanister Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree with paulhb - it looks like my Avast Ver=22.8.6030 Build( 22.8.7500.749) (same level through this whole mess) but now with a new Definitions Set dated 220922-2 has fixed the "mismatch" betwixt Quicken & Avast. Whew ..... Glad to put this one to bed .... finally. Thanks to all who reported & grumbled and especially those at Quicken & Avast who got it sorted out - these conflicts between two software systems can all too quickly devolve into finger pointing contests while the customers end up hanging out to dry.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike18049 said:
    I am also a business Quickbooks owner so this news doesn’t sit well with product reliability.
    Just so you know.
    Intuit sold Quicken years ago.  The new company is called Quicken Inc.
    Intuit still owns Quickbooks.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Doug's2Tall
    Doug's2Tall Member ✭✭
    Options
    :) This morning I had no virus warning!
    I updated the Avast One version to 22.9.6034 - build 22.9.7554.734
    I updated the Avast virus definitions to version 220922-2
    I updated Quicken to version R43.32 build 27.1.43.32
    Windows 10 Home edition
  • khlear
    khlear Member
    Options
    Same info as Doug's2Tall above. Fixed!

Thank you to all participants in this conversation!
  • gregsu168
    gregsu168 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Working as well, and I think thanks are in order to Quicken Janean who wrote that she had reached out to Avast about this issue.
    Since 1993 and now using subscription Win10 H&B&Rental
  • ZABA
    ZABA Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had this issue for days, but it appears to be resolved now. Made sure Quicken was updated, downloaded the latest from AVG, reboot, and finally appears to not be spitting out that error at runtime. On Windows 10 Enterprise with Quicken Premier subscription (R43.32 / 27.1.43.32). Anywho, just passing it along.
  • Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭
    Options
    Been on 2 similar thread(s) since problem started early on. Tried a couple workaround/solutions, then decided to wait until Q and Avast looked at problem and presented solutions. After several of the posts since yesterday, I updated both my Q and Avast to latest versions today and virus def'ns today and hoped problem would go away. It did for about 10 minutes while running Q but then reappeared. I solved the problem by completely uninstalling Avast, ran CCleaner/registry clean to remove some remnants of Avast, going to the Avast website and downloading and reinstalled latest version (ver 22.9.6034 [Build 22.9.7754.734]) and defn's (220922-2). Now Q seems to be running fine and I've done some updates and backups to test and it is still running.....and hopefully fixed....for now.
This discussion has been closed.