Chase Transaction do not download

Options

Answers

• clales
    clales Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @HLT said:
    > I contacted Quicken support.
    > They had me go to edit->preferences->QuickenID and cloud accounts and select sign in as a different user.
    > Then I signed back in again as the same user as before.
    > Chase transactions then downloaded.

I also had success signing out of my QuickenID and then signing back in. It didn't even require a restart of the program. Hopefully this sticks and works for others!
  • clifff
    clifff Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ditto..pls push back the deadline until the problems r solved!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For anyone that hasn't tried it, try logging out and back in with the same Quicken Id.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user

clifff said:
    Ditto..pls push back the deadline until the problems r solved!
     Chase is the one that decides on the deadline, not Quicken Inc.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bfeygis
    bfeygis Member
    Options
    Well, Citibank has been broken for more than six months and now Chase. Is it time to ask for a refund? The whole point of having a subscription was to be able to download transactions. Chase and Citi are the only two banks I'm using and if I have to download ALL transactions manually why would I pay a yearly subscription fee. I can use my old license and the old version worked just fine.
  • rfrome
    rfrome Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having all of the above problems and have tried all of ways in an attempt to fix it, such that I don't have and cannot get any quicken access to my two chase.com accounts. why was this process rolled out when it doesn't work?
  • bwf
    bwf Member
    Options
    -Please contact me about this chase download problem
  • Arthurc
    Arthurc Member ✭✭
    Options
    This may help. The transactions were not downloading due to what appears to be an issue the cloud sync. Go to Mobile & web > Cloud Profile. In dialog box for Mobile & Web click the troubleshooting link to "reset your cloud data". It will take a couple of minutes to complete. Then go back and try to download your transactions. This worked for me. However, I had two accounts and quicken linking only allowed me to link to the wrong account in the setup. Moving xactions and renaming to work around.
  • Judith B
    Judith B Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Arthurc said: This may help. The transactions were not downloading due to what appears to be an issue the cloud sync. Go to Mobile & web > Cloud Profile. In dialog box for Mobile & Web click the troubleshooting link to "reset your cloud data". It will take a couple of minutes to complete. Then go back and try to download your transactions. This worked for me. >>

FWIW My Chase transactions not downloading, I followed the last piece of advice first but discovered I had not started my Mobile & web syncing. After setting it up, not only did the transactions not download but the whole Updating locked up with the only way out was to stop the Quicken program (Windows).
    Next, I tried this from above:
    > They had me go to edit->preferences->QuickenID and cloud accounts and select sign in as a different user.

This signing in and out again worked for me. At least for now! Fingers crossed for the next One Step update.
  • randy_hoffman49
    Options
    I was having the same problems as described above and found a solution. This is courtesy of another poster in another thread:
    Within your Quicken program, go to:
    Mobile & Web
    Quicken Cloud Profile
    Troubleshooting: Reset your cloud data

It will take some time to remove and replace your cloud data. None of my account data was lost in the process.

After that reset function was complete, I logged out of Quicken and back in. I then re-synced my cloud data. From there I was able to successfully download current transactions from my Chase account.

Good luck.
  • fumcpreach
    Options
    It appears transactions are now downloading. However it only downloaded transactions from yesterday, not the ones for the past few weeks.
  • mrlent
    mrlent Member
    Options
    > @HLT said:
    > I contacted Quicken support.

Thanks @HLT, this fixed my problem!
  • joblingm
    joblingm Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    thanks for this "trick" - my chase banking (checking, savings) were downloading Ok but not credit cards. ALL accounts were supposedly "successfully" linked according to Q and Chase. This trick only worked for one Chase login I have three diff logins (me, spouse, business) - I had to repeat the process for each login and then update one account, which worked - try to download credit card from another login then fails; logout, log back in and then the card under the next login also worked. One time - don't know it these will then update in the future, will have to wait a few days for new transactions.
    But thanks for a trick that got something to download!
  • puggers
    puggers Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do not have a cloud account. I fiddled with some of the above, got one transaction to download. I am computer literate, but I HATE fiddling with workarounds! How about FIXING this problem! Don't roll out new stuff and function with too many fixes. Fix this problem. Thank you.
  • CROJOE
    CROJOE Member
    Options
    I wound up finding I had to deactivate the old method, then reactivate from each account, it went thru the Chase site and after I went into my browser and "allowed" all the insecure content, it did finally give me the check boxes to select the accounts in Chase, then into Quicken to an update. Finally!!! Give it a try, as I just spent 2h trying and that worked for me on three different accounts giving apparent link, but nothing to update in Quicken.
  • JeffB1907
    JeffB1907 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why are we paying $80 a year and Quicken can't fix this problem with Chase? I have several different sign ons and Chase Investments - New is separate from Chase Bank. Why do I have to import a file for my transactions? Isn't this the whole purpose of linking Chase with Quicken? As subscribers, we deserve faster resolutions to this problem and a solution on how to fix this. There is no way to create a .QFX file from Chase Investments. So importing was the only way.
  • KOHO
    KOHO Member
    Options
    I was told last week on a call with Quicken support that this issue with Chase will not change. This is a "Chase decision" I was told! May be time to suck it up and bank 100% on the Chase App for free
  • Cyn B
    Cyn B Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mrlent said:
    > > @HLT said:
    > > I contacted Quicken support.
    > > They had me go to edit->preferences->QuickenID and cloud accounts and select sign in as a different user.
    > > Then I signed back in again as the same user as before.
    > > Chase transactions then downloaded.
    >
    > Thanks @HLT, this fixed my problem!
  • Cyn B
    Cyn B Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you SO much @HLT, this fixed my Chase problem of not downloading transactions.
    Quicken support never suggested this to me during an hour long call!
    So appreciated!!!!
  • KOHO
    KOHO Member
    Options
    HLT + Cyn B. Were you able to download your "Pending" transactions from Chase or just the "Cleared" transactions?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KOHO said:
    HLT + Cyn B. Were you able to download your "Pending" transactions from Chase or just the "Cleared" transactions?
    I think you are not aware of what the definition of “pending transactions” is.  Pending transactions are transactions that are in your account at Chase, but have yet to post/clear.  Pending transactions are not scheduled bills.

Direct Connect has the feature that bills can be scheduled in either Quicken or at the financial institution’s website (provided the financial institution actually supports this) and then no matter where the bill payment is scheduled Quicken and the financial institution bill payment system would sync that bill payment transaction (before it has actually transmitted/cleared the account).

Without Direct Connect this feature isn’t possible.
    Signature:
  • KOHO
    KOHO Member
    Options
    Chris_QPW I am going to disagree with you. I have always paid my bills through the Chase app a month ahead (pending) and these scheduled payments used to download into quicken through direct connect so I can see it within the register. Now that chase uses EWC+ connection method, these Pending payments do not download into quicken until the day the bank actual pays the bill. I will use Quicken until my year is up and cancel. I have been using Quicken since 1995 but the Chase app is the same as Quicken now days.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @KOHO I will say that you aren't alone in calling these scheduled payments "pending transactions" but doing so in this forum will only confuse you and others.

"Scheduled bill transactions" requires the Direct Connect protocol and as such that feature is no longer available with Chase since they dropped Direct Connect.  As such, these being missing in the download is "expected", it isn't a bug.  And Quicken Inc has no control over it, if you want the feature back complain to Chase.

On the other hand, there are current problems/bugs.  This thread is mainly about people that aren't getting any transactions.

There are other threads on the fact that they are getting transactions (the cleared ones, which is also at this point what should be expected), but the online balance at times are including the pending transactions amount when it shouldn't.

And there is yet another set of threads on pending transactions to add to the confusion.
    A few versions back Quicken added a feature to download pending transactions.  And I am talking about pending transactions not pending scheduled bill payments.  It is a feature that some people have requested for a long time.  Anyways, they pulled that feature almost immediately because it was causing all kinds of problems. That feature may come back in the future, but it has nothing to do with scheduled bill payments.
    Signature:
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @KOHO,

I sympathize with your concerns about how the recent changes in downloading methodology have adversely affected the way you have always made your payments, and then received follow-up Quicken entries.  However, since Chase (and not Quicken) decided to change their connection method with Quicken (from direct connect to the new (but not improved) express web+ method, it is Chase that is to blame - not Quicken.  This is fact.

If you want to return to the methodology you were using before Chase made this change, your options at this time, would be to find another bank that still supports the direct connect method.  There are still many who do.  However, it seems as though the trend is toward the new express web connect+ method, so there is no way to be sure that the next bank you change to will not also change.

I too am a very long-time Quicken user and I am not happy with Chase's decision, but I get many more benefits from my Quicken use than I have lost since Chase changed.  I now need to pay my bills without Chase's convenience, but most of the advantages of Quicken are still there, at least for me.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken has closed most of these discussions about the problems that began when we were forced to change connection methods for it on Quicken.  This started nearly 3 months ago according to all the complaints I've seen.  Since then, once every several days, a Quicken rep posts that "Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA  on a solution, though our teams continue to work towards one. Your patience is appreciated and we apologize for the inconvenience", though a few weeks ago we got a single post "UPDATE 11/18/22  We are making progress on this issue and expect to have an update soon that corrects the problem."

Through this time the situation keeps changing without being resolved.  For several weeks it was super clear that there was a variety of problems in regards to the change.  More recently, it looks like it works, but usually doesn't.  HOWEVER, for a given account, say my checking account, if you RESET that one account, you usually get your outstanding transactions - once, but only for that.  So my savings account still won't update.  And next day, I may find that Chase shows new items in my checking account, but Quicken doesn't download them unless I RESET again.  During the reset, QW has you log into Chase (unless you already have it open in a browser), click through some displays and prompts (some of which are duplicate) and which make you think all your accounts under the login are being reset but which are not, then back in QW, you have to chose whether to add the Chase account OR link to an existing account, which generally you have to pick from a list.  So to do what should happen automatically overnight at your preset time, you have to reset each Chase account - 3 to 5 minutes worth, just for your Chase accounts.  Also, Chase credit cards transactions do not download - you have to manually enter them.  Same with IRA's.

Just under 3 months and numerous software updates since this fiasco began, and no end in sight.  Just platitudes.  Quicken, please put all 'upgrades' / new features on hold until you catch up with your various bug fixes.  I spent a good part of my career in financial institution software development - if you were a bank you'd be out of business by now.
  • Judith B
    Judith B Member ✭✭
    Options
    As far as I can tell, this issue has not been resolved officially though I was able to sign out and back in again (I have no cloud account) and problem solved. Now I get notification that Quicken is working with American Express. Egads, are we going to have to put up with another long, drawn-out period of "Unfortunately we do not have a solution?" Please, please, please Quicken don't give us a change until you have made absolutely sure that it works!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judith B said:
    As far as I can tell, this issue has not been resolved officially though I was able to sign out and back in again (I have no cloud account) and problem solved. Now I get notification that Quicken is working with American Express. Egads, are we going to have to put up with another long, drawn-out period of "Unfortunately we do not have a solution?" Please, please, please Quicken don't give us a change until you have made absolutely sure that it works!
    Quicken Inc isn't in control of this, the financial institution is.  Quicken Inc can no more stop this than you can.  Note in another thread one moderator confirmed that the message from American Express "real", but that they currently haven't been told exactly when the switch over will take place.
    Signature:
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    One would think that Quicken would have some control.  That this program of destroying the connections is expanding is beyond horrifying.  Updating all my Chase accounts takes an hour, easily.  Adding Amex wouldn't help.

On a side note, some years ago Quicken destroyed Q Mobile - at a certain point, until turned off, it heavily corrupter my data file, and the effects still exist years later - and were compounded recently by the Chase mess. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pbug56 said:
    One would think that Quicken would have some control. 

Maybe I should have stated it a bit differently.  I don't think Quicken Inc has zero control over this, but they aren't in the position of dictating the time frame for the financial institutions.

One has to understand that the changeover isn't just for Quicken.  This affects all the aggregators that want at the data the financial institution is providing.  This would include QuickBooks, Mint, and many others that Quicken Inc won't let us post on this forum.
    Signature:
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris,

Here are the issues as I see them.
    1. None of us object to improvements if they've been sufficiently tested - and if deployment fails, then it gets rolled back pending tested fixes.  FYI, I spent decades in financial institution software development and project management and related work, and these changes affect families and businesses.  Same rules need to apply.
    2. The Chase rollout was shoved through with pretty much no warning, and when it broke, it has looked like NO ONE at Quicken is actually working on it, except a bunch of announcements that said nothing, one that seemed hopeful, followed by more saying nothing.  Now actual behavior has changed several times.  But most people still can't get automatic daily downloads.  Only way I get transactions is to reset each of a dozen plus accounts I have there - one at a time, and each takes about 5 minutes, and that does not work for credit card accounts, and a slip of the mouse something goes wrong.  Alternative, same problem, is a manual download separately for each account, and it's even easier to make a mess of.  The process is truly awful.
    3. We, as Quicken customers, open discussions.  Someone at Quicken keeps closing these discussions.  Kind of like - if we close this out, then no one will notice the problems.
    4. Some bugs never get fixed.  A year after Quicken told me that the Mobile induced data corruption problem had been fixed, it was still quite broken.
    5. Question - does Quicken still do beta testing?  Used to be you could be a tester, have a modified login for that, and a separate data file and file location.  Millions of people are sort of used to how Microsoft uses overeager customers for Alpha testing, and the general public for beta testing, with the result that Windows is overflowing with bugs.  And, MS favors new features no one has asked for over actual bug fixes.  Sometimes it feels like Quicken is doing the same thing.  Having said that, I like the idea that Quicken appears to have gone Agile by doing tiny updates every month or so - except that too many of them are buggy.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.