M&T Bank - Direct Connect - password prompt, then nothing

DB24
DB24 Member
Former Peoples Bank customer converted to M&T Bank. I setup M&T Bank direct connect. When launching One Step update, I am presented with a prompt to enter my password, but there is nowhere to enter a password, only an OK button. When you click OK, it brings you back to One Step Update.

Tried to get in touch with M&T, but forget it...3+ hour wait times.

Talked to QuickBooks support and they said it's a known issue and they are working with M&T but no further info on a fix.

Not sure if anyone else has the issue or has any other info on the issue.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DB24 said:
    Former Peoples Bank customer converted to M&T Bank. I setup M&T Bank direct connect. When launching One Step update, I am presented with a prompt to enter my password, but there is nowhere to enter a password, only an OK button. When you click OK, it brings you back to One Step Update.

Talked to QuickBooks support and they said it's a known issue and they are working with M&T but no further info on a fix.

Hello @DB24

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this. 

Are you receiving any particular error messages? If so, the issue could be related to the Open Alert referenced here, which the Quicken Support agent may have been referring to. Note that Quicken and QuickBooks are two different entities. 

if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your M&T-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB24 said:

Hi @DH24 ,

You stated that you were a Former Peoples Bank customer. M&T Bank acquired Peoples Bank and you received information.

Now, if are using the same Register, you do not state how you did it.

Here is the proper way.

Restore your last Manual Backup file, you made, before you attempted the conversion.

Now, open the Peoples Bank Check Register.
    At the top, left click on the Actions Gear.
    Click Account overview and scroll down and click Change Online Services.
    If you are using Bank Bill Pay, Deactivate that first. Then Deactivate the Checking Account portion.
    Also Deactivate any other Peoples Bank Register you may have.

Now, click the Home Tab.

At the top, click File, then click New Quicken File...
    Dot New Quicken Account and click OK.

In the New Window, in the Search Window, type M&T. Click Next, because M&T Bank - Direct Connect is already highlighted.

Follow the instructions, that I outlined in Red Border. Use your own Browser and type in the link above or click it below: https://www3.mtb.com/log-in 

Read the instructions on the Web page, because you need to establish an M&T Bank Online Banking User ID and Online Banking Passcode,

Make sure that you can login and see your information. Once you are login, remember to go to the Customer Service tab to enroll in Direct Connect/

Also, remember to check to Save to password vault before you click on Connect.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.