Last downloaded date stays the same

ksrothschild
ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
Since August 10th, the "Last downloaded" date indicator stays at August 10th. I have over 10 different accounts, and only two accounts still shows: "Last downloaded August 10, 2022 - 10:31 pm (Express Web Connect+).

Like all other accounts, these two accounts does have activity since then and all balances are good.

I am at the latest level of Quicken as I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice already since August.

What can be done to fix this naggin issue.

Best Answer

• ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have to thank the person who used my credit card fraudulently. Because of this, I had Chase cancel the credit card and issue a new card. This, of course, meant that I had to update my credit card link in Quicken - and in turn, this procedure solved the problem I was having. Then, it dawned on me that it has something to do with the new EWC+ process - and in turn, I deactivated the other affected account and re-linked that account. Now, all is good with the download date issue that prompted me to post this discussion thread. Now, I do not have to contact the official Quicken gods. Again, thank you, whomever you are, (not you Quicken users) for this fraudulent usage of my credit card. And, with this statement, I'm closing this matter.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Since August 10th, the "Last downloaded" date indicator stays at August 10th. I have over 10 different accounts, and only two accounts still shows: "Last downloaded August 10, 2022 - 10:31 pm (Express Web Connect+).

Like all other accounts, these two accounts does have activity since then and all balances are good.

I am at the latest level of Quicken as I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice already since August.

What can be done to fix this naggin issue.
    Hello @ksrothschild,       

I do apologize about this unusual lagging in the displayed update time. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Where is your current active data file located? You can view this anytime by navigating to File > Show ("Data File name will be listed here)" in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive, or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior or even data damage. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing back from you, if you have the chance to drop back in and speak with us again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the names of the two financial institutions where the date is not updating?
    This may be a situation where you need to contact Official Quicken Support directly.  As I understand it, with EWC Quicken has to develop specific scripts (programs) for each financial institution.  It can happen - and it does - that the financial institution changes something on their end but doesn't tell Quicken about the change, so the Quicken script simply doesn't work correctly anymore.  That might be the case here.
    https://www.quicken.com/support#windows (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

• ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner than expected as I was overwhelemed with many doings and some travels. The accounts in question are with Chase Bank and they are already at EWC+ as well as other accounts which do have current dating. When I have the chance (which will be soon), I will follow Jared's instructions. Thank you...
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Jared...

I did the first option and then tried to do the second option...

In following your instructions as follows:

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

Navigate to File
    Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    Select Super Validate File
    Click OK
    Close the Data Log
    Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Nothing happened when I did "Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File..." so I did the usual Valdidate and Repair File - and couldn't find "Super Validate File" option.

Please advise...

Thank you,

Kenneth
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    All of my Chase accounts are in the same file... only two accounts are not showing the current "Last Download date - even though the transactions are current and ongoing in these two files.
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    I think I am getting closer to the root of this problem...

In the image attached to this comment, you will see two lines that indicate Chase accounts.

The two accounts in question is on the first line (which is not showing the updated/current date) and the remaining Chase accounts are on the second line (and these accounts - over 10 of them - are showing the correct date.

Why am I having two separate lines for the Chase accounts.

I can pinpoint and verify this fact... from the dropdown menu on the right side of on one of the two accounts on the first line, I invoked the UPDATE - and it did update to today's date and time.

And when I did the UPDATE from the main menu for all of my accounts, the two accounts in question do not show the updated date and time...

Guess this needs to be addressed as a problem issue...

Thank you,

Kenneth
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I think I am getting closer to the root of this problem...

In the image attached to this comment, you will see two lines that indicate Chase accounts.

The two accounts in question is on the first line (which is not showing the updated/current date) and the remaining Chase accounts are on the second line (and these accounts - over 10 of them - are showing the correct date.

Why am I having two separate lines for the Chase accounts.

I can pinpoint and verify this fact... from the dropdown menu on the right side of on one of the two accounts on the first line, I invoked the UPDATE - and it did update to today's date and time.

And when I did the UPDATE from the main menu for all of my accounts, the two accounts in question do not show the updated date and time...

Guess this needs to be addressed as a problem issue...

Thank you,

Kenneth
    Hello @ksrothschild

Thank you for reaching out again with more updates about the situation. We do apologize that this problem is continuing, although I am happy to hear that some progress is being made.

At this stage, I do recommend reaching out to Quicken Support, using the information provided in this link. They will be able to diagnose this issue and assist you in greater detail with the tools available to them. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out again with any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Jared, instead of my having to explain all of these scenarios to Quicken Support, is it possible for me to ask them to look at this entire post?
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have to thank the person who used my credit card fraudulently. Because of this, I had Chase cancel the credit card and issue a new card. This, of course, meant that I had to update my credit card link in Quicken - and in turn, this procedure solved the problem I was having. Then, it dawned on me that it has something to do with the new EWC+ process - and in turn, I deactivated the other affected account and re-linked that account. Now, all is good with the download date issue that prompted me to post this discussion thread. Now, I do not have to contact the official Quicken gods. Again, thank you, whomever you are, (not you Quicken users) for this fraudulent usage of my credit card. And, with this statement, I'm closing this matter.
This discussion has been closed.