New R44.20 Pending Transaction Functions in R43.32? ***SOLVED***

Options
mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
Logged into Q this morning and saw these new icons, a clock and an hourglass, on the bottom of the EWC and EWC+ banking registers. Clicking on them shows functions for dealing with pending transactions. I immediately came her to see what was going on and saw 44.20, which includes those functions, was just released. I was never presented with the option to update on the OSU dialog or anywhere else. I checked my version of Q in "About Quicken" to see if I had a UAC failure (I never let Q update automatically), but I'm on 43.32. Checked for new updates and it says I'm on the latest version - 43.32. 

Is this a stealth update that snuck past UAC and doesn't update the release numbers in Q? How can I have the new functions without updating?

Just noticed a problem. The list of pending transactions (clock icon) is not complete. It only includes those from today, but one still pending from 2 days ago is not listed, nor included in the pop-up total. The online and register ending balances are correct, but the account balance on the sidebar is NOT correct. I think its because I've added the pending transactions to the register, so they are being counted twice. Turning off the pending transaction function (hourglass icon) corrects the sidebar issue, but this is a bug. All the balances should be in synch.

UPDATE:
There is a section at the bottom of PREFERENCES/SETUP called "Early Access Features". It is described as allowing the ability to preview future features before they are generally available. There is one item listed titled "Enable Pending Transactions When Available" and the the checkbox is checked. Don't know when this was added, but it explains what I'm seeing.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is interesting that the features are "somewhat or all" already in R43.32.

I think the reason it hasn't updated to R44.20 is because it is still in staged release mode.  Nothing wrong with the UAC blocking.  You can download the Mondo patch from here if you like:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

As for the problems you have noted.  There are a few possibilities:
    1. You need R44.20 for it to work right.
    2. It just started downloading pending and can't see the 2 day old ones, but will see them going forward.
    3. A bug.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW - Not sure you saw my update. I explain what happened there.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW - Ugh - ignore my prior comment. After re-reading your comment, I believe you had seen my update.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrzookie said:
    @Chris_QPW - Not sure you saw my update. I explain what happened there.
    Thanks.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrzookie said:
    @Chris_QPW - Ugh - ignore my prior comment. After re-reading your comment, I believe you had seen my update.
    Nope, just got lucky with my comment.   ;)
    Signature:
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha!

Do you know if that "Early Access Features" preference has always been there, or is it something new? I don't recall having seen it before.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrzookie said:
    Ha!

Do you know if that "Early Access Features" preference has always been there, or is it something new? I don't recall having seen it before.
    I have no idea, I have never seen it, and I don't see it in my R44.20 version.
    Signature:
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess you don't see it in 44.20 bc its no longer pre-release?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrzookie said:
    Guess you don't see it in 44.20 bc its no longer pre-release?
    That would be my guess.

I just rolled back to R43.32, and I do see it in that version, and I might add that it is on.
    I wonder how many "pending transactions problems" have cropped up because of this without anyone pointing out that this was turned on without notifying anyone.

Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also was surprised to see this, and even more surprised it's enabled by default. It seems dangerous. I disabled it immediately.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said: It is interesting that the features are "somewhat or all" already in R43.32.
    I just noticed it on my R43.26 - the banking accounts...  checking, CC, etc -
    and has a "Pending Transactions (0)" at the bottom, next to the Balance entries

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bug report - You can't turn this thing off!

I'm over here clicking the "Current Balance" Hourglass menu to "Hide pending transactions" on each of my 50 accounts and after a few figure there has to be a better way.

Find this in the Preferences menu. Okay. Turn it off...

1. Edit > Preferences > Setup > Early Access Features
    2. Uncheck "Enable pending transactions when available"
    3. Click OK button
    4. Repeat, and observe that your change was not saved.
    Seriously?

• sonomaron
    sonomaron Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup.... Can't turn the Early Access off! What a POS option. Pending transactions added to the register isn't what I want.
  • DLev
    DLev Member
    Options
    Just adding another person noting that you cannot turn it off. It doesn't save. Pending transactions is a really unhelpful addition. Quicken - please FIX.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    Update to latest QWin and this will go away.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    You can turn the function off by going to the account register and clicking the hourglass icon on the bottom right of the screen.
  • roblacker
    roblacker Member
    Options
    Ditto. Don't like! Can't turn off globally via preferences. Thanks to mrzookie for advising how to turn off per account.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    roblacker said:
    Ditto. Don't like! Can't turn off globally via preferences.
    Please vote for the idea to move this new option to a more suitable place.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920967/make-show-hide-pending-transactions-consistent-with-qwin-gui 

• RDav
    RDav Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I can uncheck early access feature but it will not save the request. I also have a problem with my pending transactions making my quicken balance not correct. Transactions are repeated multiple times. Is there no fix? This makes the software rather useful.
This discussion has been closed.