Can I copy a Report from File A to File B

gwpotter
gwpotter Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Over the past 21 years I have created multiple reports. In July for some unknown reason errors began happening in one IRA account - nowhere else. All the transactions in the register match the statements for the period from months before the problem appeared.

Finally we gave up and contacted Quicken support - my wife actually made the call. Quicken person said the most likely cause was data corruption and the solution was to export the data file (QFX - I think that was the file extension) and import that file to a new Quicken file.

The new Quicken file did not contain any reports - and it did contain a different set of default categories.

Any way to move reports from the data files from the old Quicken file to the one we just created?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, no. This is one of the reasons that the export to QXF and import into a new file should be a last report. It retains your transaction data, but loses everything else, like reports, budgets, account set-ups, preferences…

Not that it's any consolation, but if you've been using Quicken for 21 years, then you have already re-created your reports when you moved to the current Quicken Mac (which is only 8 years old), since neither Quicken Mac 2007 nor Quicken Windows reports carry over to current Quicken Mac. 

If you retained your old data file, you can at least open it to make notes about the reports you had, then switch back to your current file to re-create them. But there's no way to move reports between data files.  :'(
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, no. This is one of the reasons that the export to QXF and import into a new file should be a last report. It retains your transaction data, but loses everything else, like reports, budgets, account set-ups, preferences…

Not that it's any consolation, but if you've been using Quicken for 21 years, then you have already re-created your reports when you moved to the current Quicken Mac (which is only 8 years old), since neither Quicken Mac 2007 nor Quicken Windows reports carry over to current Quicken Mac. 

If you retained your old data file, you can at least open it to make notes about the reports you had, then switch back to your current file to re-create them. But there's no way to move reports between data files.  :'(
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gwpotter
    gwpotter Member ✭✭
    Thanks -- I thought that was the situation, but if I could recover the old reports, it was worth the effort to ask.

Have a nice day!
This discussion has been closed.