FYI - DATCU Updates for Quicken - Starting 9/18/22

Options
2»

Comments

• mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has DATCU actually admitted that is a DATCU issue and not a Quicken issue?
  • JohnPinchot
    JohnPinchot Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can anybody recommend another credit union in the area that supports quicken?
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    I contacted DATCU again today (Chat), unfortunately no resolution and frankly, the rep asked the same question, "what exactly is the issue?", "what version?" and then apologizes about the problem, no real information about progress being made. When calling the help line, option 4 for online banking, get message "experiencing higher than normal call volumes, call back later" so can't even talk to anybody knowledgeable.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Since a number of users continue to experience difficulties with online banking and DATCU, I would like to make sure that the Community Announcement regarding this financial institution has been posted here, so that it is available for those who require it. I am referring to the thread posted here. 

I hope that this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared. 
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    DATCU has removed the temporary language at https://www.datcu.org/quicken but I still cannot connect to their Quicken data. The program still doesn't see their data and you still only get the setup of an offline account.

September 20th is way back in the rearview mirror.

I have left a message asking "... why the issue still exists." since the above page suggests all is well.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The instructions on Datcu website still don't work as I continue to get 'Add your offline checking account'

So... Since September 20th , STILL having to manually download.

I did get a response from DATCU earlier today...

"We have now located an issue with the connecting to Quicken and we are working to resolve the issue. At this time there is no ETA, but we do hope to have this issue corrected soon. We appreciate your membership."

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I was able to connect this morning and download all of our accounts. I don't know if this matters, but when I had the setup look for DATCU, I saw an "Advanced" checkbox in the lower right corner of the screen and checked it. The next screen gave an option to select Express Web Connect (connect and download through One Step Update, etc.)  or Web Connect (download a file to import).  I selected Express Web Connect and then went through the process of connecting to existing accounts in Quicken. Those 2,502 days of transactions were already in the register, so there was nothing in the downloaded transactions list.

• Laura V
    Laura V Member
    Options
    It's fixed!!!!
  • JohnPinchot
    JohnPinchot Member ✭✭
    Options
    It appears to be working again as described above. For some reason it messed up some transaction and it took me some time to straighten it out.
  • Banditz71
    Banditz71 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Working here :)
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine is now working as well for downloads. Although, appears some functionality was lost with their software changes from Sept 18th. From the Online Center functionality to do transfers, Checking to Savings and Vice Verse has been lost, no longer available. Anybody else notice this?
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @stevesjh - I have never used that feature, It sounds like it would have been nice to use without logging in to DATCU, but they may have discontinued it with the connection switch over.

I found some information that may help.  Search Quicken Help for 'transfers', then select the topic "Managing Bank Bill Pay and Transfers after Direct Connect Discontinuation".

This discussion has been closed.