OL-297-A, No internet connection to Cetera Advisor Networks

Options
Ken McAdams
Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
Transaction downloads from Cetera Advisor Networks stopped on or around Oct 11. The error was OL-297-A, unable to make internet connection. To attempt solving it, I deactivated all my Cetera accounts. When I tried to reactivate, I was again greeted by that error. I suspect a change at Cetera has caused the error. I have asked my financial advisor to contact Cetera about the issue, which he did. He has no answer yet.
Has anyone else encountered this and solved it?
All my other banking and investment connections are working fine.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Ken McAdams,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything in the support article checks out. Still can't update. I strongly suspect a Cetera issue, particularly since they have yet to reply to my advisor.
  • billw3333
    billw3333 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also getting this error for the last few days, just for Cetera.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anje: My financial advisor says it ts very difficult to find the person or people at Cetera who know anything about the connection issue. He's trying. I did use "Report a problem" to send logs to the Quicken team.

@billw3333: If you haven't already, please try contacting your advisor to see if he/she can contact anyone at Cetera who can look into this. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have been reports that a Windows Update, installed on or about 10/11/22, was found to be the culprit. If you installed a recent Windows Update, consider uninstalling it and see if that solves your problem.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @UKR: Yes. Thanks! That works. I uninstalled Windows Security Update KB5018410. I then successfully downloaded all new transactions for each Cetera account.
  • billw3333
    billw3333 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That solved the problem for me as well. There is also a Windows patch (KB5020435) that can be applied rather than uninstalling KB5018410.
This discussion has been closed.