CREDIT SCORE not updating

Options
2»

Answers

• davidmarketing
    davidmarketing Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't use the Mobile & Web since I tried it once and it corrupted my data.  At some point I want to try again.  But, I also deleted my cloud account details and added it back and it downloaded like 6 months of data for my credit cards which was super annoying since Quicken doesn't have a way to batch delete transactions.  I had to do it one x one and it took forwaver.

These new features are ok, but not if they corrupt the data.  Or, maybe my data file has some problems but in general it works.  So, I generally don't use any of the web stuff.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    Options
    What if there's no data set listed to select? As I mentioned: "So, there is no "Cloud Account Details" section under Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. The bottom half of the window under the Quicken Profile section is blank, both in my main data file and temporary test file."
  • SAL0808
    SAL0808 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As Mick mentioned, I did not have one either until I turned on cloud sync. I then created a test data file, synced it to the cloud, which allowed me to then delete the cloud data file for my initial local install. I opened up the original one and still cannot get to the credit score.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @SAL0808 said:
    > As Mick mentioned, I did not have one either until I turned on cloud sync. I then created a test data file, synced it to the cloud, which allowed me to then delete the cloud data file for my initial local install. I opened up the original one and still cannot get to the credit score.

Thanks, I'll try that. Then I'll try to transfer everything from main file to test file using QXF and see if that imports data without importing the problem. Although it doesn't transfer everything. (I know backup restore doesn't help with credit score access.)
  • SAL0808
    SAL0808 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Mick Mickle" said:
    > > @SAL0808 said:
    > > As Mick mentioned, I did not have one either until I turned on cloud sync. I then created a test data file, synced it to the cloud, which allowed me to then delete the cloud data file for my initial local install. I opened up the original one and still cannot get to the credit score.
    >
    > Thanks, I'll try that. Then I'll try to transfer everything from main file to test file using QXF and see if that imports data without importing the problem. Although it doesn't transfer everything. (I know backup restore doesn't help with credit score access.)

I did not work for me. Maybe you'll have better luck.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently, "everyone has one" and "Quicken requires that at least one dataset is synced to the Cloud" (from instructions article in Community) is inaccurate. I removed my cloud data many years ago and have not been using Mobile & Web. So, there is no "Cloud Account Details" section under Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. The bottom half of the window under the Quicken Profile section is blank, both in my main data file and temporary test file.
    You can't see the Quicken Cloud dataset from a data file that has Sync to Mobile/Web off.
    You have to create a dummy data file with Sync to Mobile/Web on and then you can see it by going to:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID(x).

In the dialog that comes up you should see it like this:

This is in fact how one would delete the cloud dataset from the original file since you can't delete the one connected to the current data file.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thanks, @Chris_QPW, @SAL0808, @DocGer, @davidmarketing , and @Beijing Mac. Yeah, I had to turn sync on, then I could delete other data sets on Cloud, including a separate data file from 2004 that has long been out of use. However, deleting everything from Cloud but the test file data set didn't help the main data file to access credit score.

I exported a QXF transfer file from main data file and imported into test file, and credit score displayed okay. But import/export doesn't come close to duplicating original data file.

All-in-all, the Credit Score feature isn't worth the time I've spent trying to fix it. There are other, better sources; a new credit score using Quicken is only available every 3 or 4 months; and you can't save the result except by screen shot.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    Options
    Two things, a warning and a workaround:

1. Warning -- I recommend NOT deleting the Cloud data set for your main Quicken file if you update accounts with your banks. The result of deleting is the loss of connectivity with the banks and a need to reset your online connection accounts. I didn't discover this until later, but I should have realized at the time I said "yes" in the confirmation box, where the warning is posted that, "All the connected services like bank account downloads, . . . will have to be re-added if you attempt to use a file associated with this account." (See attached screenshots.) I ignored the warning in pursuing a fix for the Credit Score malfunction because I didn't think that I was using the Mobile & Web services, but Quicken utilizes the Cloud data anyway.

2. Workaround for Credit Score -- Since I can get the credit score function to work in a test file with just one dummy account, the solution for me is to just open that test file and view the credit score. Then re-open the main file.
This discussion has been closed.