Can I print a report that shows one month's budget and actuals spent (Q Mac)

RetsonN
RetsonN Member
edited December 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I want to print a report that shows one-month's budget and actuals. I need to print it ignorer to more easily discuss it with my family.

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    In your budget, click on the 1-month tab. This 1-month budget page is an old feature, so it's not very customizable. But you can see the date in the upper left; click on the < or > icons to move to the month you want, such as last month. Then print: Command-P or File > Print. The formatting isn't great and will waste many pages; in the Print dialog box, you can change from horizontal to vertical layout to save some pages, and change the Scale percentage to 75% or less to save more pages. 

Another alternative which I refer is to switch to the 12-month budget tab. Now export the Full Budget to a CSV file. Open the file in Excel or Numbers of Google docs and delete all the columns except the month you want to focus on. This will give you budget, actual and difference for that month, and it will take many fewer pages to print.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Yes, any time you export, choose the option to save as a CSV file. That format can be read by every spreadsheet program. (Google Sheets is another alternative spreadsheet program you can use, if you’re a Google user.)

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    In your budget, click on the 1-month tab. This 1-month budget page is an old feature, so it's not very customizable. But you can see the date in the upper left; click on the < or > icons to move to the month you want, such as last month. Then print: Command-P or File > Print. The formatting isn't great and will waste many pages; in the Print dialog box, you can change from horizontal to vertical layout to save some pages, and change the Scale percentage to 75% or less to save more pages. 

Another alternative which I refer is to switch to the 12-month budget tab. Now export the Full Budget to a CSV file. Open the file in Excel or Numbers of Google docs and delete all the columns except the month you want to focus on. This will give you budget, actual and difference for that month, and it will take many fewer pages to print.
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Jacobs, thank you for these ideas.  I don't have excel, and don't know how to use numbers.  I see how to export the file, but when I look at my choices I don't see numbers as one of the options.  Are there other good places to export the file to?

Thank you, Pamela
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

Hi again Jacobs, I got it to save to "keep it" which then opened it in numbers.  Thank you.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Yes, any time you export, choose the option to save as a CSV file. That format can be read by every spreadsheet program. (Google Sheets is another alternative spreadsheet program you can use, if you’re a Google user.)
This discussion has been closed.