Betterment Institution Login Error CC-929 (Q Mac)

Options
bzargarcia
bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
Getting a Institution Login Error when trying to connect to Betterment Checking. Error code: (QCS-0429-2 | CC-929) BID = 8972

I've had this account working great in the past, so I know it works, but it stopped working.

I've tried resetting the cloud account, but get a similar error from a different account after 5 mins.

Comments

• bzargarcia
    bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    As a follow up, I was using Quicken for Mac to download my Betterment checking transactions. I didn't use it for the savings account or the investment accounts. This worked for me for approximately 6 months. When reviewing if I wanted to add the saving or investment accounts this weekend it stopped working. I suspect I broke it but I have no idea what I did. Emailing support @ Betterment didn't help since they were unaware it worked at all.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @bzargarcia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Betterment accounts. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Betterment account(s) to see if you receive the same error. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bzargarcia
    bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I tried the three accounts I'm having trouble with in a new Quicken file. None of them worked. They all worked fine last week. Screenshots deleted since they have private info.

Discover: CC-929 (QCS-0429-2)
    Navy Federal: CC-929 (QCS-0429-2)
    Betterment: CC-929 (QCS-0429-2)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @bzargarcia,

Thank you for attempting the test file and providing more information. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps. Please navigate back to your main data file as well. 
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• bzargarcia
    bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your quick responses. The issue still persists after signing in and out of Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @bzargarcia,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

Due to the previous techniques having failed, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can utilize functions such as screen share and escalate the situation as needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.  

-Quicken Jasmine

• bzargarcia
    bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    will do, thank you for the help.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @bzargarcia,

You are very welcome. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.