Why is Chase transaction downloads broken since new connect method?

Options
pbug56
pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
Ignoring the Discover mess (broken since at least Sep 27), Chase is now a disaster area.  At the time I 'upgraded' connect methods, it missed 3 transactions yet got the balance update.  After Sep 26, it just stopped downloading transactions, period.  So now my Quicken Premier Windows is a mess - I don't know what works for sure, just that 2 institutions are broken.  Worst I've seen in a while - is anyone home in the tech areas?  We were forced to update or reauthorize both, and now both are broken.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @pbug56,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding Chase users being unable to download transactions after reauthorizing their accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @pbug56,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding Chase users being unable to download transactions after reauthorizing their accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine, this problem has existed for nearly a month, and also apparently happened to some users back in February.  So, as a result, most of my accounts in QWP are now unusable - Chase, also Discover.  Are the tech support and software development teams on vacation?  I spent over 20 years as a bank software developer, PM, and DBA, and I'd have been fired if I did this type of damage.  In the meantime, I can't get a viable picture of my bank and credit accounts, making it rather hard to pay bills.  What is going on?

BTW, on that page, there is nowhere to BOOKMARK the page.  At least nothing visible.  In the meantime, can you please provide us alternate procedures to download files of transactions from Chase, Discover and other FI's that we can import into Quicken to work around the problem?

Thanks!
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Excuse me - there is a bookmark icon - but it's close to the middle of the page, not the right.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Earlier today it started to work - now I'm finding that Quicken servers are down.  What is going wrong now?
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    4 weeks after this started, no resolution.  Quicken - please revert back to the old way and provide some method to clean up the messes this has created.  The old way worked.
  • rahbuh
    rahbuh Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    It's not just a problem with Chase. I cannot download transactions for ANY of my accounts (Wells Fargo, Fidelity, Amazon, nothing!) [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Quicken still in business?  Over a month since this problem was reported online, no hint of resolution!
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken, if the new method is broken, please go back to the old.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Could we please get an update?  Certain things seem to be working BUT balances are a mess, suggesting that transactions are missing or have been corrupted.  I do plan to go through all affected accounts within the next day or two, but I need to know what's going on.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Separate note - if one tries to invoke Backup manually, QWP freezes with the latest version.  Automatic periodic prompt and backup work normally.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Things are getting even worse.  I get some downloads from Chase, but many go into the wrong accounts.  Some accounts stop connecting.  Maybe you can get them connected again.  But it's a true comedy of horrors.
  • Psallo
    Psallo Member
    Options
    I cannot believe there are so many problems like this and there is no solution.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Not only did they break Chase downloads, and when they 'work' some records go to the wrong account, I kept getting weird error messages about 'bad' accounts.  Turns out that years ago, mostly after using Mobile Quicken badly corrupted my data file, I made sure to hide and avoid 'updates' on numerous duplicate accounts it created.  Also, I changed brokers years ago, tried at the time to clear out the old accounts, and hid them.  Suddenly, a few weeks ago or so, I started getting those messages, and finally yesterday I figured out what was going on.  Those abandoned, hidden accounts were now being looked at by Quicken every single time I did an update.  I had to 'Close' them, which I hadn't done back then because it wasn't necessary.  This was an ordeal.  Broker accounts required me to 'sell' any non-existent balances at price $0.00, then I could close them.  Hopefully these long dead accounts, or the phandom ones QM created, won't come back to life yet again.

In the meantime, One Step Update now takes much longer than it used to [Removed - Speculation/Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.