How do I change the "online" balance for the Discover Register since it will no longer download? Th

mkoon
mkoon Member
How do I MANUALLY change the "online" balance for the Discover Register since I can no longer do a transaction download from Discover?
Thanks,

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mkoon,

Unfortunately that "Online Balance" is provided only by the financial institution where there is a "connection" with the Quicken application.  It is impossible for a user to manually input that data. 

If you want that information to appear in your register you must reestablish that account as a "connected account" in Quicken.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mkoon,

Unfortunately that "Online Balance" is provided only by the financial institution where there is a "connection" with the Quicken application.  It is impossible for a user to manually input that data. 

If you want that information to appear in your register you must reestablish that account as a "connected account" in Quicken.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that the main reason for the "online balance" is to reconcile, as such if you aren't using an "connected account" then you should switch your reconciling to the "statement balance".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.