Quicken 2016/Windows 11

I currently run Quicken 2016 on a Windows 10 computer but have just purchased a new one that runs Win 11. I have the original Q 2016 download and have installed it on the Win 11 computer. However, when starting the program, I get a message that I need to create a Quicken ID. Clicking 'get started' button takes me to my Q 16 window with only 'file' and 'help'. At the bottom of the page is a link to create a new ID for data file or sign in with different Quicken ID. Clicking this link brings up a VERY small window that I am unable to read all of. Does anyone know how to fix/get around this? I do not want to use this online, just as a stand alone program that I input data manually.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I suspect that you're running Release 1 of Q2016 on the new computer.
    Try downloading and Installing Release 19.5 Mondo for Q2016 from here: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen it advised to copy the file C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI from the old PC to the new one in cases like this. There is registration information in that file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Had v11 but tried your suggestion and with new file name. Still gets to the same spot. Program momentarily shows my data and then displays blank window with link on the bottom of page to create new id for data file or sign in with different Q id. Any other thoughts? I really don't want to upgrade as I believe new versions don't have home inventory.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try what @Rocket J Squirrel posted above.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Rocket J Squirrel Thank you. It Works
This discussion has been closed.