Is there a way to transfer account list from a different Quicken file?

Socj
Socj Member ✭✭
Is there a way to transfer account list from a different Quicken file? Or a way to transfer specific accounts on another account list?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can export the account list in a QIF file and import the QIF file into another Quicken data file.
    File > File Export > QIF file...

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Socj
    Socj Member ✭✭
    Thanks Rocket, Now let's say my new quicken file already has half the accounts from my old quicken file.

Will exporting my old account list create duplicate accounts?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Socj said:
    Thanks Rocket, Now let's say my new quicken file already has half the accounts from my old quicken file.

Will exporting my old account list create duplicate accounts?
    I doubt it, but with Quicken, anything is possible. I just tried it and did not get duplicates.
    You can try it in a copy of your file and see what it does.
    You can also edit the QIF file, which is a text file, and remove anything you don't want imported.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Socj
    Socj Member ✭✭
    Is there a way to transfer the attachments from certain transaction during the transfer?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no known way to transfer attachments. 
    Which is a glaring shortfall of the way that Q handles them and the reason why attachments aren't recommended by the SuperUsers, who recommend using an non-Q storage program.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.