download Quicken Home and Business AND NOT renew in a year

lindad
lindad Member ✭✭
Okay, have read EVERY post here...very sad. I have had Quicken Home and Business for probably over 20 years; glorified checkbook and also my business invoices and reports for the end of the year. LOVE Quicken BUT my situation is I got a new computer and of course can not download from my Quicken '17 version. I have chatted with Quicken. I have NEVER EVER used the 'download from the bank or credit cards' function nor will I ever use it! I love the reports...bam bam, done with taxes. Don't have to go through my files, etc. The other day, I logged onto my old machine so I could update my files that I haven't done since May...STILL not done but can't keep switching computers when a new invoice is needed. (backup file is in dropbox) If I download the 'subscription' version of Quicken Home and Business and the 1 year is up, DO I NEEEEED to renew??

THANK YOU THANK YOU for any help!

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to renew but you'll have to deal with the renewal nag screens.

Quicken Inc should eliminate or minimize the LARGE popup with expiration (122 Legacy Votes) - Page 4 — Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • lindad
    lindad Member ✭✭
    Yea, i can't do the ads...it's crazy. Heard it files up about 20% of the screen. But I did just talk to them and was told that there is also the phone app which sounds great. I just went into quicken after being off for a few months and realized I haven't inputted my checkbook since.....JANUARY. So I was inputting all my stuff while I had the old computer hooked up. Having the phone app, if i'm at a store, I can go in and add ABC Company, $20 and it will go into my main computer app which is amazing. I HATE HATE spending the money every year but if I want to keep my Quicken...sigh
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Most SuperUser's stay far away from the Mobile App or Quicken on the Web. Too many issues of corruption caused by syncing to the Quicken Cloud. Also, if you don't renew your subscription, no more mobile app access. Do you still have you Quicken 17 installation media? 
  • lindad
    lindad Member ✭✭
    Yes, I still have it but get the BLANK SCREEN when I install on my new computer
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Did you download and install the R20.5 Mondo patch from Quicken 2017 Patches - QuicknPerlWiz? You also need to copy C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI from your old computer to the new one. 
  • lindad
    lindad Member ✭✭
    yup...downloaded the mondo patch after i installed and it said that 'no install was found on your computer'
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Did you install Quicken 2017 first? If so, are you sure it's 2017. What does Help --> About Quicken show?
  • lindad
    lindad Member ✭✭
    yes, it's 2017...had it since 2017 and it opens as 2017 and the disc shows 2017
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What does Help --> About Quicken show?
  • lindad
    lindad Member ✭✭
    it's on my other computer and i'm on my work computer now so can't check until after 5 but every time i opened quicken it always said, quicken home and business 2017 and said that effective...date...we will no longer support 2017
  • Greg_the_Geek
This discussion has been closed.