Split transactions entered on the Quicken App are not synching correctly with the desktop version

AnokaBrewer
AnokaBrewer Member ✭✭
I just noticed this problem yesterday when trying to balance things in Quicken Desktop (Windows Quicken version R45.13 Build 27.1.45.13). I had several transactions that I had entered in the Quicken App (Android, version 6.23.0 (27436)) that did not transfer correctly.

The payee and amounts transferred, but the categories did not transfer so they were showing up blank. I had to go in and enter everything again in the Desktop version.

I reproduced the problem this morning. A single category transaction transfers fine, but a split transaction does not transfer any categories to the Desktop version. Interestingly enough, the Quicken on the Web version does show the correct categories in a split transaction that I entered in the App. This happens with multiple bank/credit card/cash accounts and not just one.

I checked the Quicken Community and do not see this reported yet. I do see that a common problem is not seeing things on the Quicken App that are in the Desktop version, not the other way around. The solution is typically to remove the cloud file and resynch with the app. This is not going to work as a solution for me as the cloud file is the one that is correct.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AnokaBrewer Try downloading and installing  R44.28 from here and  see if that resolves your issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Joe Cz
    Joe Cz Member ✭✭
    I’m having the same problem.
  • I am having same issue as well, works when I add a split line item in destop, refresh and then open in phone app. However, I ad a split in phone app line item and refresh and then open desktop and refresh it is not there
  • AnokaBrewer
    AnokaBrewer Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded and installed R44.28 and it seems to work with my Cash Account. I then tried it with other accounts and those are not synching at all with the Desktop version, or at least they do not show up in the Desktop version, but they must be syncing, as I do see them when I go to Quicken on the Web.
  • AnokaBrewer
    AnokaBrewer Member ✭✭
    I have a scheduled call with Quicken support later this morning, and I will post any results here later.

Yesterday I spent 20 minutes on chat support and 40 minutes on phone support and both technicians said you cannot enter a split transaction in the App, so I knew I was not going to get anywhere other than more frustrated with them and I escalated the issue and have a call back.
  • Joe Cz
    Joe Cz Member ✭✭
    Sounds like you got to speak to very unqualified support staff. I too have that problem with split categories on the app all of the sudden not syncing with the desktop. I’ve been entering split transactions in the app for a very long time without fail until now.
  • AnokaBrewer
    AnokaBrewer Member ✭✭
    > @"Joe Cz" said:
    > Sounds like you got to speak to very unqualified support staff. I too have that problem with split categories on the app all of the sudden not syncing with the desktop. I’ve been entering split transactions in the app for a very long time without fail until now.

Thanks Joe, I have been doing it for quite a while too, and when the support person said you can't do it, I asked to be transferred, but that is not possible via chat, so he said I need to start a new chat or call in. I opted to call this time and that technician said the same thing. It took 45 minutes just to get the ticket escalated. All I have is an email saying they will call, no email address to send any troubleshooting notes or screenshots too, so hopefully this initial callback will go better.
  • AnokaBrewer
    AnokaBrewer Member ✭✭
    Great support call with Pedro. We spent almost 2 hours on the phone doing troubleshooting which I will summarize.

We tried to validate my data file by going to File, Validate File. We then did a cloud reset and tested again. Same problem as before as new transactions entered on Quicken on the Web did not synchronize with my credit card accounts. My cash account synchronized fine. He feels that my data file is corrupt.

We made a new test file, adding in a couple of accounts and testing and that worked. We then went to File, Copy or Backup a File, and chose to create a copy from my original file. I have data going back to 1997 and my data file is over 100 MB, so I went to 1 JAN 2019 to present on the new file creation thinking that it would also make the file a lot smaller. The new copy worked and tested fine, but I will need to go in and set up my online accounts. The new file was only 2 MB smaller, so I really did not gain anything on space by not bringing over all my data. I am going to go in and create a new copy of my file bringing over everything. I will then try a year end procedure to see if that reduces the file size.

I did ask why not use a backup data file, and he said that file may also have the problem in it. The fact that I was travelling and my most recent backup is 3 weeks old means that if I use that file, I lose 3 weeks of data entered into my App, and it still may not solve the problem.

For those that have the same problem, you can try to validate your file, and do a cloud reset. That may solve the problem. If not, you can create a new file from your existing data file which should also solve your problem, but you will need to set up your online accounts again.

I appreciate all your comments and hope that this will help you as well.
  • Joe Cz
    Joe Cz Member ✭✭
    Thx, but the obvious question is why all of the sudden people reporting the same issue? It seems one of the recent updates is causing the file corruption.
  • AnokaBrewer
    AnokaBrewer Member ✭✭
    > @Joe Cz said:
    > Thx, but the obvious question is why all of the sudden people reporting the same issue? It seems one of the recent updates is causing the file corruption.

Makes sense Joe and one of the reasons I thought about using a back up file. I am not deleting any of my old data files for awhile until I get this working again for awhile.
  • Alex45
    Alex45 Member
    Having this exact problem. Over two hours on phone with tech rep. She concluded that I was not correctly adding split transactions on the mobile app. This despite the fact that my android phone and tablet would sync correctly, but only the desktop would not. At this point, I'm giving up on trying to enter split transactions on the mobile app and will revert to using the desktop version exclusively. No need to renew my subscription!
  • AnokaBrewer
    AnokaBrewer Member ✭✭
    I was running version R44.28, Build 27.1.44.28 and it was working. Tonight I had an automatic update to version R45.13, build 27.1.45.13. When it finished with one step update, I had 3 split transactions that showed up with no categories at all. Looks like I will be contacting support again.
This discussion has been closed.