New Chase Account Authorization Issues

1141516171820»

Answers

• I agree with your comments. I've never had a problem with this product until this occurred and don't understand the lack of transparency. Add to this that my budgets have disappeared. It's hard to believe that as a long time user I must now consider alternative products.
  • gsakal02134
    gsakal02134 Member ✭✭
    It would be helpful if the support folks could explain in greater detail just where the problem lies,and why it is taking so long to fix.
    I only have one Chase account - a Visa card - and after two false starts, and a QWin version upgrade, the conversion went perfectly. I've had no problems since then. But clearly, many other folks haven't been as fortunate.
  • SandC
    SandC Member ✭✭✭
    I am also very frustrated!  I use Mint for quick updates and the connection there works aokay. Wonder if the current Quicken folks could contact there past Intuit contacts for some help? Paying for a subscription that does not work is not right.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    SandC said:
    I am also very frustrated!  I use Mint for quick updates and the connection there works aokay. Wonder if the current Quicken folks could contact there past Intuit contacts for some help? Paying for a subscription that does not work is not right.
    Quicken and Mint use different aggregation methods, so there would be little they could share.
    What's more Mint is far from perfect, at any given time, one will have problems with a given financial institution when the other might not.

And if you aren't aware of it, Quicken Inc uses Intuit as the aggregator, which owns Mint.  So, in reality most likely the problems are coming from the same company, Inuit.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bradley Roseberry
    Bradley Roseberry Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken....STOP making it "better"  You are not helping your case.

After dealing with the Chase update issue for weeks, and working very hard with many of the editors of this string to come up with a solution, without any help from Quicken I might add, this morning I wake up to find Quicken has reset all my Chase accounts to no connection again.  This happened with the last update this week.

Anyone else have this happen after getting everything cleared and working fine for about 2-3 months.?
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Working fine here. The last update didn't seem to have any effect either way.
  • gedan359
    gedan359 Member
    You're lucky if Chase EWC+ downloads are working for you. I'm still stuck on the "Sign into Chase" with the swirling circle AFTER I've logged into Chase in a separate Chrome browser to authorize the link.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And have you tried opening your browser in SAFE mode before you even open Quicken and try to authorize?

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    dryfork said:
    Not relevant to ths question, but I am very surprised Q support staff (and this has come from the top level of
    quicken employees to the bottom phone support folks) have asked me to share my screen with huge amounts of confidential/personal data in the process of trying to respond to support requests. THEY SHOULD NEVER ASK THIS. It creates an immediate data hole that anyone at Q can drive right through. They need to be trained in verbal communication sufficient enough to talk people through problems slowly and carefully without access to such personal and confidential information.

I agree. High risk.  TurboTax likes to do that also.  

Mark E said:
    > @DRMick said:
    > Last Saturday (9/24) successfully updated Chase accounts to EWC+.  Downloads are OK.  Windows Q Premier at R43.32.  
    >
    > Now I still get this upon starting Quicken.:
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Attention Required:
    > Update all your Chase accounts now
    >
    > Quicken has partnered with Chase to provide you with a new, faster, more reliable connection.
    >
    > Chase moved to this new connection on September 27, 2022. To continue downloading information from Chase, you will need to update to the new connection.
    >
    > When Quicken prompts you to update your Chase connection, please do it right away. The process is simple and will only take a few minutes.
    >
    > -----------------------------------------------------
    >
    > There must be someplace in this program to reset that.

Do you still have some old inactive/hidden accounts laying around that may still have direct connect set up?
    Good Idea.  I did have two extinct closed accounts
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is the list of steps I used back in September - worked fine - and no problems since...

Note sure what you did - and what you encountered -
    Here are the steps I used ...
     - I am still running R43.26  -
    0 - created Backups - ran - File --> Validate --> [x] Validate
    1 - went thru and manually DE-activated ALL my Chase accounts before even starting this process.
    2 - also went thru and CLOSED any old Chase accts that were in fact actually closed.
    3 - the Opening Balance in one acct was trashed - so had pre-copied it into the Memo field
    4 - then did an ADD ACCOUNT for Chase - and followed the directions to Authorize, Select which accts, etc
    5 - all accounts showed up with their nicknames and able to LINK to their existing Quicken accts
    6 - screen said that 5,300 transactions were downloaded - in fact, none actually showed up.
    7 - only 1 dup during this process.
    8 - next day - OSU - and a handful of dup transactions downloaded - from around 9/2/22 - and today is 9/18/22
    9 - will see how next week goes... with OSU and dups.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Similar to what Ps56k2 said:

I found a work-around / fix for getting Quicken WIN (now have R45.13 build 27.1.45.13) to correctly download Chase CC. I happen to have (2) different chase CC in my accounts, each with its own account login. What I finally did was to go to Tools-Account List-"EDIT" on the Chase CC account-Online Services-Deactivate. I did this for both. Then I closed Quicken and then Re-launch. FIRST - have all browser instances closed. Be sure if you "stay logged in" to your chase account that you log out first. I did not go so far as to clear cookie cache for Chase in my browser. My default is Google Chrome on WIN 10.

Now go back to the account list and "EDIT" the chase account and connect to online services. This should open your default broswer to get authentication to give to Quicken. After this, when in the account, I do Actions (gear icon) and Update Now. It worked.

Now - for second account, close quicken again, close all browsers, and re-authenticate the second Chase CC account. This seems to have stayed valid now over a week or so and a few updates several days apart.

Hope this can help anybody out there
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @quicktoes said:
    >
    > Now - for second account, close quicken again, close all browsers, and re-authenticate the second Chase CC account. This seems to have stayed valid now over a week or so and a few updates several days apart.
    >

Glad it worked for you. It was worth a shot but it didn't work for me. Not downloading from Chase remains a known issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20320610
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    SteveY said:

Glad it worked for you. It was worth a shot but it didn't work for me. Not downloading from Chase remains a known issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20320610
    These messages about the download issues have been going on for quite some time. My dowloads were working fine and I had to reset my account to have it work again.  Now it seems to have stopped downloading transactions.  I don't understand why Quicken has been taking so long to figure out what the problem is.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    SteveY said:

These messages about the download issues have been going on for quite some time. My dowloads were working fine and I had to reset my account to have it work again.  Now it seems to have stopped downloading transactions.  I don't understand why Quicken has been taking so long to figure out what the problem is.
  • DavidFarquhar
    DavidFarquhar Member ✭✭
    more crap and time wasted
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    Per https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20339464#Comment_20339464 they are suggesting we call support, so yay. Thought maybe that comment meant it should be working...I just tried deactivating both checking and card, removing auth for Quicken on the Chase site, and readding them again. Q still picks the right account on its own and "downloads 2000+ days" of transactions but has 0 listed. Still stuck with the .qfx import unless I call support.
  • corbow
    corbow Member ✭✭
    So this is STILL an issue? I tried to reauthorize and update today, and for some weird reason Quicken associated my Chase account with a non-chase account. Finally figured out why that was happening and fixed it, but now I can't get the authorization link to work at ALL so I can reauthorize the correct account (it's already deactivated, so that isn't the issue). So I'm back to downloading QFX files too. C'mon, Quicken, it's been months.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I would certainly recommend anyone having problems contact Quicken Support.  When a process like this gets to the point where it is working for "most people", I certainly wouldn't expect some magic update/patch changes everything.  People are going to have to work through what is happening to them pretty much on an individual basis.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ssprinz
    ssprinz Member ✭✭✭
    This feud between CHASE and QUICKEN must STOP! If Quicken cannot work with CHASE, it's curtains. MINT doesn't have this problem.

BTW, Not being able to select a category BREAKS the "Question" capability on this site. Looks like an attempt to cancel all the community complaints about this. FIX IT !! FIX IT !! FIX IT !! FIX IT !! FIX IT !! FIX IT !! FIX IT !! FIX IT !! FIX IT !!
This discussion has been closed.