Account share balance significantly less than total of "Available to Sell" when specifying lots

Options
snowmp
snowmp Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I'm attempting to reconcile lots held in Quicken with the lot details recorded by my brokerage for a frequently-traded security. I noticed this morning that one of the issues appears to be that -- although both my brokerage and Quicken show that I hold 770 shares of this security -- when I go to sell shares and specify lots, the "Specify Lots Sold in This Transaction" dialog box shows a total of 836 shares under "Available to Sell". How is this possible? I've done a Validate and Repair with "Rebuild investing lots" checked -- no change. I'm running Quicken Premier Version R45.13, Build 27.1.45.13.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect (in Quicken) you have a long position of 836 shares and a short position of 66 shares such that Quicken shows your net holding as the 770 shares. 

I’d be looking for a 66 share sell that does not properly indicate what shares are sold. It might or might not be recorded as a ShtSell. 

If you find the transaction, it will likely be best to delete and re-enter it. 
This discussion has been closed.