e-bills uses scheduled due date vs downloaded due date in Bills summary under Bills & Income

I know I have seen this discussed but couldn't find the thread. When you setup a Bill reminder and link to an e-biller you must initially setup a amount due and a schedule. The ebill is downloaded and the Bills summary tab creates a table with Payee, Type, Due Date, Amount Payment Status and Actions as the header. On this page the Amount is updated to match the value downloaded but the Due Date NEVER changes from the initial manually configured schedule. If you go to Edit all Instance for the bill, The Transaction Detail has a correct due date and amount that was downloaded from the ebiller. So the information for both of these fields is present and stored so it can be displayed in Transaction Detail. I don't understand why both values cannot update back to the Bills summary page. This can be a problem if you rely on the due date and due date isn't fixed which occurs often with Utilities. I've reported this through the support channel over the last few years hoping someone will spend 30 minutes to fix this. Every new release I look and am always disappointed when it isn't corrected.
You have to know which bills are linked to eBillers and when it is downloaded overwrite the due date in the same manner as the due amount. If you are concerned about what occurs for the next bill if the ebill fails to download, you would revert to the manually scheduled date until the download is successful. This becomes an annoyance when the due date moves to an earlier date and you are relying on the reminder and you discover you have a late payment when you think you are paying on time.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I know I have seen this discussed but couldn't find the thread. When you setup a Bill reminder and link to an e-biller you must initially setup a amount due and a schedule. The ebill is downloaded and the Bills summary tab creates a table with Payee, Type, Due Date, Amount Payment Status and Actions as the header. On this page the Amount is updated to match the value downloaded but the Due Date NEVER changes from the initial manually configured schedule. If you go to Edit all Instance for the bill, The Transaction Detail has a correct due date and amount that was downloaded from the ebiller. So the information for both of these fields is present and stored so it can be displayed in Transaction Detail. I don't understand why both values cannot update back to the Bills summary page. This can be a problem if you rely on the due date and due date isn't fixed which occurs often with Utilities. I've reported this through the support channel over the last few years hoping someone will spend 30 minutes to fix this. Every new release I look and am always disappointed when it isn't corrected.
    You have to know which bills are linked to eBillers and when it is downloaded overwrite the due date in the same manner as the due amount. If you are concerned about what occurs for the next bill if the ebill fails to download, you would revert to the manually scheduled date until the download is successful. This becomes an annoyance when the due date moves to an earlier date and you are relying on the reminder and you discover you have a late payment when you think you are paying on time.
    Hello @michaelbelscher2,   

I am sorry to hear about this confusion regarding ebill due dates. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

You should be able to add an ebill without creating manual reminders by entering an Amount Due and Scheduled Date. You should be able to do this by navigating to +New Bill > Add eBill then select your financial institution and enter the associated credentials. There should be an option with a checkmark regarding the creation of scheduled transactions to the right side of the window that appears; make sure that the checkmark in this box is unchecked if you wish to have the due date remain based on the biller website's information.

Let us know if that clarifies the issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • michaelbelscher2
    michaelbelscher2 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I attempted the suggestion for one bill while the ebill does show up under the Payee tab and has the correct date and due amount. It no longer is under the bills tab which I use and no longer in the calendar. Also the only way to setup a manual payment method with a payment account in quicken requires that you add a schedule so I'm right back to where I was before deleting the series and adding back in.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I attempted the suggestion for one bill while the ebill does show up under the Payee tab and has the correct date and due amount. It no longer is under the bills tab which I use and no longer in the calendar. Also the only way to setup a manual payment method with a payment account in quicken requires that you add a schedule so I'm right back to where I was before deleting the series and adding back in.
    Hello @mcihaelbelscher2,   

I am sorry for any ongoing frustration regarding this matter. Thank you for getting back to me with more information about what you're seeing right now.

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

Additionally, try setting your filters to 'eBills' by clicking on the filter drop-down menu just to the right of the +New Bill button. Do you see the transactions now? You may also have to click the green Clear Filters button, as well. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.