Citibank issue

Options
LJK123
LJK123 Member ✭✭
Good grief Quicken Support, the issue with Citibank has been going on for months. When can we expect a fix to the problem. I would think this would be high priority since a lot of people have a Citibank card.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @LJK123 and @Timothyh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with these issues. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding CitiBank users receiving a CC-502 error. You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any information, ETAs, or resolutions. 

Hello @tommyk7

We do also have an active alert regarding CitiBank users receiving a CC-592 error. You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any details that are to come about. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Timothyh
    Timothyh Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been having the same problem. Quicken fails with a CC-502 error; manual login works OK.
  • tommyk7
    tommyk7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue, but error code CC-592
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @LJK123 and @Timothyh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with these issues. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding CitiBank users receiving a CC-502 error. You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any information, ETAs, or resolutions. 

Hello @tommyk7

We do also have an active alert regarding CitiBank users receiving a CC-592 error. You may follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any details that are to come about. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• regs
    regs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just, perhaps naively, paid my Quicken fee for the coming year. THEN I discovered they still haven't gotten issues with Citibank resolved. In my case I don't get an error code. I get told everything was downloaded -- but nothing from Citibank was downloaded. Chase and BOA were downloaded...but not Citibank. Quicken shouldn't be charging Citibank users a fee when they can't honor the commitment that goes with that fee.
  • MetroNYGuy
    MetroNYGuy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant]
  • LJK123
    LJK123 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Quicken Support, are you reading this? Do you see the amount of frustrated, unhappy customers commenting on this post? I'm sure there are many more out there. This is a big issue that should get top priority. We don't need enhancements. We need this problem fixed. [Removed - Profanity/Rant]
  • bw23198
    bw23198 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I'm also own a CitiCard credit card. I suddenly starting getting CC-503 errors last week and came across this thread so I've been waiting. However, after getting tired of waiting on this to get fixed, tonight I tried disabling online access and re-enabling it. Going through this process restored my ability to download transactions.
    Note that my Citi password never changed throughout this process; although Quicken kept thinking the password was wrong.
    Hope this helps others.
  • LJK123
    LJK123 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you bw23198. I am going to try that again. I tried that once and it didn't work, but it's worth a shot to try it again.
  • pruppel
    pruppel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I solved the problem by turning off the 2-Step Authorization at Citibank.  It took a 2nd attempt but worked for both Citi cards.
    DbqAz
  • LJK123
    LJK123 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I still can't get connected. Very frustrating. I have a Costco Citi-card. I wonder if that makes a difference. I don't know why it would.
  • Joe Srodawa
    Options
    This situation seems to have become worse. Where Citibank used to throw a cc-502 or not download complete information, it now seems that Citibank is no longer accepting connections from Quicken at all. The new prompt tells me I need to call my financial institution for a resolution. If Citibank is not responsive to the Quicken support teams, then just come clean and tell us that. Dragging this on for months is even more frustrating than the truth. I know am downloading my transactions and uploading them that way which is a real pain.
  • pruppel
    pruppel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I have been successful in downloading transactions since I stopped the second authentication factor on the Citicard.
    DbqAz
  • robwtaz
    robwtaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Maybe it's time to cancel my Quicken subscription and change credit cards?
  • wordell1
    wordell1 Member
    Options
    Still not fixed - still no actual answers from Quicken team. It has been "ongoing" for months now.
  • bert shure
    bert shure Member ✭✭
    Options
    Turning off 2FA made the problem go away. I got to this point from Citi's hard-to-reach support team for Quicken. You have to call, listen to a menu of options and pick "next menu" three or four times. If you called during East Coast working hours, you get an outstanding help organization.

I have spent hours on the phone with Quicken Support about this problem, corruption problems, and other issues. The reps in Central America try hard but lack the skills to solve hard problems.

This urgent issue has been ongoing since May. What an embarrassment for Quicken and Citi. I am moving both companies from my "admired" list to my "look for replacement" list.

Sadly yours,

Bert
  • Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Greetings for 2023!

Several days ago my download from Citibank failed with the CC-502 error message suggesting that I try to download later. Ok, so later and later and later it didn't work.

I investigated the Citibank web site and discovered : Profile > More Settings > Manage Desktop Apps "You can permit apps and websites such as Quicken® ... Desktop to directly access your Citibank account information on your behalf." Selecting [Add Access] gives you some amount of time (10 min?) to connect to Citibank via Quicken. Having Deactivating Quick download from Citibank, I then found that Reactivating download (withing the Citibank timeout) re-established the Quicken download from Citibank.

YMMV - here's hoping this works for you!
  • wdwchipmunk
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this suggestion. It worked beautifully for me! Huge relief.
  • wdwchipmunk
    Options
    I was referring to Pacifica Bob's suggestion above.
  • Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    wdwchipmunk : glad the solution that worked for me also worked for you! Made the time invested in writing the post worth the effort! Cheers!
  • Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    wdwchipmunk : glad the solution that worked for me also worked for you! Made the time invested in writing the post worth the effort! Cheers!
  • PatrickW
    PatrickW Member
    Options
    This fixed it. Good Job Pacifica Bob!
This discussion has been closed.