REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS new install, adding account

Options
rryks
rryks Member ✭✭
Just started using Quicken again after trying to use another product for a few years but I cannot get one of my accounts added.
I have tried for 3 days now to add this account but, after a 5-8 minute wait, it always returns with "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Details: REMOTE_UPDATE_IN PROGRESS"

Any ideas on how to diagnose and repair?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rryks said:
    Just started using Quicken again after trying to use another product for a few years but I cannot get one of my accounts added.
    I have tried for 3 days now to add this account but, after a 5-8 minute wait, it always returns with "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Details: REMOTE_UPDATE_IN PROGRESS"

Any ideas on how to diagnose and repair?
    Hello @rryks,      

I am sorry to hear about this trouble with adding accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, is this occurring in regards to a particular financial institution, and if so, which one?  Also, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rryks
    rryks Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The only institution having issues is Wings Financial. I have connected 5 other institutions without problems. Screen shot added as well.

I can use other products [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] to connect to Wings while I am having trouble with Quicken desktop on Mac.

Digging into logs, (consolelog.txt) I see the following that might help with diagnosis.
    Where there you see "XXXXXXX" below, I replaced a value as I am not sure if it is sensitive data

2022-12-08 11:11:41.647 Quicken[15493:2576965] Quicken institution logins for deletion doesn't exist: sid = 356688224XXXXXXX (I replaced this value as I am not sure if it is sensitive data)

2022-12-08 11:11:41.761 Quicken[15493:2576965] Uploading incomplete DC shadow account - missing institution login or aggregator cpId
    2022-12-08 11:11:41.765 Quicken[15493:2576965] Uploading incomplete DC shadow account - missing institution login or aggregator cpId
    2022-12-08 11:17:00.604 Quicken[15493:2576965] reportErrorDomain:name:reason:extraData:numFramesToDiscard:, domain = com.quicken.Quicken, name = AccountSetupGenericError, reason = REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS, extraData = {
    addAccountTrackingPassGUID = "B4999A8A-625A-4C14-8348-XXXXXXXXX";
    bid = 56478;
    genericErrors = (
    {
    title = "REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS";
    }
    );
    message = "Please try again later.";
    title = "An unexpected error occurred.";
    }, numFramesToDiscard = 1
    2022-12-08 11:17:00.605 Quicken[15493:2576965] reportErrorName:reason:extraData:, name = AccountSetupGenericError, reason = REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS, extraData = {
    bid = 56478;
    genericErrors = (
    {
    }
    );
  • Quicken Jared
    edited December 2022
    Options
    rryks said:
    The only institution having issues is Wings Financial. I have connected 5 other institutions without problems. Screen shot added as well.

I can use other products [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] to connect to Wings while I am having trouble with Quicken desktop on Mac.

Digging into logs, (consolelog.txt) I see the following that might help with diagnosis.
    Where there you see "XXXXXXX" below, I replaced a value as I am not sure if it is sensitive data

2022-12-08 11:11:41.647 Quicken[15493:2576965] Quicken institution logins for deletion doesn't exist: sid = 356688224XXXXXXX (I replaced this value as I am not sure if it is sensitive data)

2022-12-08 11:11:41.761 Quicken[15493:2576965] Uploading incomplete DC shadow account - missing institution login or aggregator cpId
    2022-12-08 11:11:41.765 Quicken[15493:2576965] Uploading incomplete DC shadow account - missing institution login or aggregator cpId
    2022-12-08 11:17:00.604 Quicken[15493:2576965] reportErrorDomain:name:reason:extraData:numFramesToDiscard:, domain = com.quicken.Quicken, name = AccountSetupGenericError, reason = REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS, extraData = {
    bid = 56478;
    genericErrors = (
    {
    }
    );
    }, numFramesToDiscard = 1
    2022-12-08 11:17:00.605 Quicken[15493:2576965] reportErrorName:reason:extraData:, name = AccountSetupGenericError, reason = REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS, extraData = {
    bid = 56478;
    genericErrors = (
    {
    }
    );
    Hello @rrvks,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue continuing, and I really appreciate that you took the time to get back to us with more details about the problem - and with that helpful screenshot, as well. 

First, save a backup by navigating to the menu in the top of the screen and selecting File > Copy or Backup File... If you haven't already, take a look at the instructions provided in the Support Article linked here. Do any of these steps, taken in sequential order, seem to resolve the issue?

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rryks
    rryks Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, I had attempted to use that article to solve the issue but as the error occurs on the initial attempt to sign into the bank, it didn't help. I did change the password to eliminate any special chars as an attempt to fix the issue, and it did not help.

The Go To Bank is not given as an available selection.

Does it seem to be there is something stuck in the aggregator? (Quicken web service).
  • rryks
    rryks Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update. Today the connection got as far as the initial login and pulling the starting balances but it cannot pull any transactions. I suspect the two situations are related but if you have ideas this problem let me know. My plan at the moment is to wait again for a few hours and see if the issue magically solves itself.

Download Error (-28)
    Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be due to a temporary server issue... etc... (Code 102). Only Wings Financial is having this issue.

Screen shots are attached.
  • rryks
    rryks Member ✭✭
    Options
    I waited 2 days and tried again, same code 102.
    Cannot obtain any detailed transactions.
    Any other ideas?
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    rryks said:
    I waited 2 days and tried again, same code 102.
    Cannot obtain any detailed transactions.
    Any other ideas?
    Hello @rryks,  

I am sorry that this problem with the FDP-102 error message and online banking difficulties are continuing. Thanks for continuing to work with me on this problem. 

Unfortunately, given this particular error code and the ongoing nature of the issue, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You should be able to do this with the link provided here. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the best path forward given the circumstances. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rryks
    rryks Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jared and thanks for the ideas earlier!
  • USER93
    USER93 Member
    Options
    This is happeneing today with Pershing and Nordstrom. The instructions to "wait and try again later" are not helpful. Why isn't this working and when will the connection be recovered?
  • rryks
    rryks Member ✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.