Some Treasury Notes/Bonds and CD do not display on Maturity Date report

its the details
its the details Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have ladders of both CD's and Treasuries in two separate 401(k) accounts. When using the Maturity Date Report; some display and some do not from each of 401(k) accounts. All are in investment accounts. All have a maturity date entered. Please advise how I fix this. thx

Best Answers

• its the details
    Answer ✓
    Okay, so I figured it out. I had saved the standard report after I customized it. It fixed the date as of the time I customized it. Newer Bonds/CD were not shown. There is no effective date option for the report that I could find, so this must be done in the background. Moral of the story here is do not use a custom report if you are trying to get a current view of your ladder! Quicken should have date option though...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you working with a saved report or with the default report?
    Unlike other reports that I use, I have found my saved Maturity Dates report will not update at all each time I open it.  So, added CDs, Bonds, etc., will not populate it.  The only way I have been able to resolve the issue is to open the default report new every time and stop using the report I had saved.
    If you are pulling the default report each time, go to the upper right Gear icon to open the Customize popup:
    • Display tab:  Are all the boxes checked under Show Columns?
    • Accounts tab:  Are all the boxes for all accounts checked?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• its the details
    Answer ✓
    Okay, so I figured it out. I had saved the standard report after I customized it. It fixed the date as of the time I customized it. Newer Bonds/CD were not shown. There is no effective date option for the report that I could find, so this must be done in the background. Moral of the story here is do not use a custom report if you are trying to get a current view of your ladder! Quicken should have date option though...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Are you working with a saved report or with the default report?
    Unlike other reports that I use, I have found my saved Maturity Dates report will not update at all each time I open it.  So, added CDs, Bonds, etc., will not populate it.  The only way I have been able to resolve the issue is to open the default report new every time and stop using the report I had saved.
    If you are pulling the default report each time, go to the upper right Gear icon to open the Customize popup:
    • Display tab:  Are all the boxes checked under Show Columns?
    • Accounts tab:  Are all the boxes for all accounts checked?

• thanks for confirming boatnmaniac!
  • Boatnmaniac
    @its the details - In my mind the Quicken team needs to fix this issue because it behaves in a manner that is not consistent with how other customized reports work.  I have asked the Quicken team to fix this so it will either automatically update or give us the option of updating whenever the customized report is opened, just like other customized reports, via Help > Report a Problem.  It would be great if you would do the same.  The more users who report a problem the more likely it is that they will allocate the resources needed to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.