how to determine the quicken version from the programs folder

jimr1954
jimr1954 Member
I recently had a fatal PC crash. I was able to salvage the hard drive intact. i have been using quicken since the mid 90s. I acquired a new PC and I need to reinstall Quicken. However i can't remember what version I was using. I found a disc for deluxe 2010 but I know it is well beyond that one. it was one of the yearly fee, constant updates version but it had expired and I have been getting the re register message for sometime now. Is there something in the install programs folder that can indicate which version I am using?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken and look at the Properties of qw.exe. If you post here, we can tell you the version.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow the path outlined by @Greg_the_Geek, right click the qw file, select Properties, and then the Details tab.  The file version will be right there.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Tom Young! I forgot about the Details tab.  :*
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jimr1954
    jimr1954 Member
    Thank you the answer worked the version was 2018. it doesn't look like 2018 is available anymore so i guess there is no way to reinstall?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimr1954 said:
    Thank you the answer worked the version was 2018. it doesn't look like 2018 is available anymore so i guess there is no way to reinstall?
    The "product version" is what you're looking for, and it's not a year.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.