how do I stop backup desktop link every time I back up?

Options
Dennis@
Dennis@ Member ✭✭
I back up regularly. Now on my new laptop (Win 11 Pro) I get a desktop back up link every time I back up a file. How do I stop this desktop pollution?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe you're saying that the backups - automatic backups(?) - are appearing on the Windows desktop?  If that's the case, reset where those backups go by Edit > Preferences >Backup > Change backup directory.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dennis@ said:
    I back up regularly. Now on my new laptop (Win 11 Pro) I get a desktop back up link every time I back up a file. How do I stop this desktop pollution?
    Which folder is your active Quicken data file located in? The Desktop? The \Documents\Quicken folder (where it's recommended to be)? Elsewhere?
    Remember: The Backup files created by Quicken go to the following locations:
    Automatic Backups go to a \Backup subfolder of the folder which contains your data file: \Doucments\Quicken ... backup goes to \Documents\Quicvken\Backup
    Manual Backups go the designated folder or drive. Location can be set when you manually start a backup (keyboard shortcut CTRL-B).

• Dennis@
    Dennis@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Tom and UKR! I haven't had to deal with backup location in decades and when I got a new laptop somehow 'desktop' got inserted into the string. I shoulda been able to figure this out but your comments have made it obvious. Appreciate the help!
This discussion has been closed.