Tax View Missing in Dashboard

matthahn
matthahn Member ✭✭✭
I'm missing the Tax View in the dashboards/views. When I try to customize a view, the tax views are not there. (i.e. capital gains, tax planner, etc. ) Any idea why?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    matthahn said:
    I'm missing the Tax View in the dashboards/views. When I try to customize a view, the tax views are not there. (i.e. capital gains, tax planner, etc. ) Any idea why?
    Hello @matthahn,  

I am sorry about what appear to be missing menu options. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • matthahn
    matthahn Member ✭✭✭
    The things I'm missing are in the Customize View on the dashboard. I have no Tax Widgets I can put on the View. I've attached a screen shot showing the Quicken File that does not have these and then the screen shot of a quicken file that does have these.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    matthahn said:
    The things I'm missing are in the Customize View on the dashboard. I have no Tax Widgets I can put on the View. I've attached a screen shot showing the Quicken File that does not have these and then the screen shot of a quicken file that does have these.
    Hello @matthahn,  

Thanks so much for getting back to me with those helpful screenshots. I do apologize for this ongoing confusion.

What happens when you go to the Business or Rental Property tab and then navigate to the View menu and then click Customize Toolbar...? I was able to find a Tax Planner option in this menu on my end, featured in the image below. Is there another view you are searching for; possibly the Tax option in Reports

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe, the OP is talking about the Home tab's Classic Views, not the new Dashboard view and not the Quicken Toolbar.
    Trying to customize the Classic View titled "View1", the customization panel does not include Tax related views. The view appears to be correctly scrolled all the way to the bottom of the list.
    In comparison, the OP provided an image of "Main View" where Tax view selections are available.
    Not knowing about the history of "View1" (might it have been created in a version of Quicken Starter Edition?), I would suggest that the OP try to create a new Classic View, to see if that solves the problem and makes Tax views available. If it does, then View1 can be deleted.
  • matthahn
    matthahn Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared and @UKR. First, I don't even see a Business or Rental Property Tab, so, I'm not able to navigate to what your talking about. UKR, I tried creating a new view and I see the same things as I saw when trying to customize the view. I've had Quicken for many many years. I'm currently using the Premier Edition (or should be). I've attached what my top toolbar and tabs look like and what my version/edition is.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the images.
    Just for grins, please change View to Classic Menus. Sometimes that makes a difference.
    You might also want to add the Toolbar: Select View / Show Toolbar. Customizable to give you one-click access to frequently used functions.
    Using Premier, you don't have Business and Rental Property tabs ... so that's a wild goose chase. Please ignore.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • matthahn
    matthahn Member ✭✭✭
    Changing to Classic view did not change the problem. I am on the latest version and had previously downloaded the MONDO Patch. I don't really know when the problem began as I didn't even know this feature existed until I created a separate quicken file to track investments for a different entity. So... this could of been going on for quite a while.

Perhaps related...I'm also having some pretty nasty performance issues 10-15 seconds to save transactions in an account that has about 10,000 transactions in it. Total file size is around 180,000KB, so, it doesn't seem the performance should be as bad as it is... 10K transactions and a 180,000KB file don't seem huge to me... The performance issue has been going on for a few years and slowly gets worse.

I just completed a SuperValidate. Log Below... doesn't look too unusual... no joy on seeing the TAX view. I can't even find Tax Planner anywhere in any of the menus.

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Dec 12 13:35:30 2022]
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "investmentsX", security "DuPont de Nemours Inc", on 6/3/2019 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gift Trust", security "Dell Technologies Inc. Class C Common St", on 12/28/2018 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "DRP Stocks", security "Mirant", on 1/3/2006 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "investmentsX", security "Dow Inc", on 6/19/2000 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "investmentsX", security "D R Horton Inc.", on 9/14/2000 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "DRP Stocks", security "AFLAC", on 3/19/2001 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 10/29/2014 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 7/29/2014 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 4/28/2014 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 1/29/2014 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 10/29/2013 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 7/29/2013 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 1/29/2013 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 10/29/2012 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 7/27/2012 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 4/26/2012 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 1/27/2012 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 10/27/2011 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 7/28/2011 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 4/27/2011 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 1/27/2011 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 10/27/2010 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 7/28/2010 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 4/28/2010 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 1/27/2010 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 10/28/2009 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 7/29/2009 that might be missing.
    Quicken has found 1 stock split(s) for account "Gwens IRA Vanguard-Archive", security "Kinder Morgan (KMR)", on 4/28/2009 that might be missing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The following securities have prices dated in the future (if your clock is set to today's date). This might cause some balances to display unexpected values.
    Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund (VMFXX) 12/31/2022 1
    You can edit these by going to the Security Detail View (under Investing Tools), selecting the appropriate Security, then the 'Update / Edit Price History' menu.
    ---
    Corrected 3 Bought or Shares Added transactions that were incorrectly categorized as a realized gain.
    If any of these should have been for a Cover Short Sale, you should modify them. Listed:

Date Type Account Security Amount
    ---------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------
    1 11/28/2022 Bought Inherited IRA Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund -$XXX
    2 12/1/2022 Bought Inherited IRA Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund -$XXX
    3 12/6/2022 Bought Inherited IRA Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund -$XXXXX
    ---
    Maximum security reference: 884, number of securities: 884.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash/Transfer investment transactions updated: 510/0/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is selected for View | Tabs to Show for both the "good" file and the "bad" file?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• matthahn
    matthahn Member ✭✭✭
    Wow, Good Job @MsHiggins. That was it! Problem solved.
  • mshiggins
    I could not recall which tab it was, but did recall one of the tabs controls whether the tax features are visible. Would you be so kind as to remind me which tab it was? 

• matthahn
    matthahn Member ✭✭✭
    It was the planning tab.
  • mshiggins
    Ah. Thank you for assuaging my curiousity. 

This discussion has been closed.