Transactions disappearing

carljh
carljh Member ✭✭
In the cash section of my investment account, the amount reduced by nearly $3800 in a week without me doing anything in it during that period. When I compared my Quicken register with a downloaded transaction history, I found that 3 interest payments from the previous year had disappeared. As I said, I didn't touch this account so can't understand why these transactions disappeared,
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    carljh said:
    In the cash section of my investment account, the amount reduced by nearly $3800 in a week without me doing anything in it during that period. When I compared my Quicken register with a downloaded transaction history, I found that 3 interest payments from the previous year had disappeared. As I said, I didn't touch this account so can't understand why these transactions disappeared,
    Hello @carljh,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing transactions. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Were any of these transactions dated from the last 90 days? If so, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add this account you are noticing these missing transactions in by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Does the missing transaction(s) appear in the test file?

Also, when did you first notice the transactions were missing? 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply. These transactions are from January and April 2021, and I first noticed they were missing when I was updating my file on my laptop on Saturday. I use my PC daily for all my Quicken data but each week I restore my latest file from this computer to my laptop. The laptop was showing the correct balance from the week before. I did a Validate on the PC, and no errors were found.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @carljh,

That behavior sounds strange, especially since the transactions that disappeared were from almost 2 years ago.  Just to be safe, you might want to supervalidate your datafile.  To do that:

1) Click on the "File" drop down:
    2) Here's the "trick" - Hold down on the "Ctrl" + "Shift" key combination as you click on "Validate and Repair File..."
    3) Then click on the "Supervalidate" check-box and then hit "OK"

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    Thanks for that, Frankx. Did the Super validation, but again no errors showing up (see attached screenshot) which is amazing seeing that the file is 25 years old!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @carljh

Okay thanks for the information.  Can you please tell me which version of Quicken you are currently running?  And also when you last updated to that version?

Thanks for being so patient.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    Hi Frankx,

I am using the Canadian version, R45.18 build 27.1.45.18 which came out in November. Perhaps I should tell you that I am actually an Australian user. Like a lot of Aussies, i have adapted the Canadian version as Reckon in Australia no longer support the Personal range of software and we had no updates for over 10 years. I have been using the Canadian program for over 2 years now and obviously there are features, like pricing updates that don't work for us, but overall it has worked very well for me and others.

Thanking you for your help.

Carl
This discussion has been closed.