Quicken Reconciled Share Balance Does not Match

Larry Hinson
Larry Hinson Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
The Share balance ( shares on hand in quicken) match the brokerage. Yet I get a message saying the the reported balance (brokerage) does not match Quicken. When I allow Quicken to place a placeholder in Quicken for the transaction,my quicken share balance is no longer matches actual balance in Brokerage. I am confident the brokerage transactions are correct and all of the transactions match quicken. My quicken share reconcile amount listed from brokerage is not correct. Yet actual amount in brokerage is correct. Not sure what to do.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This appears to be a known flaw in the recent updates provided by Quicken R45.XX.  What you do about it is either revert to an earlier update that doesn't have that problem or, easier, just ignore the Mismatch notice until Quicken fixes things with another up date.  You are right, the Mismatch window is wrong, simply dismiss it. 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And delete that placeholder you accepted. 
  • Larry Hinson
    Larry Hinson Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. This all makes sense. I will remove placeholder and ignore message until next update.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Larry Hinson
    I wouldn't "ignore", I'd always check it out just to make sure the problem isn't on your end.  But if you're right and the number from the broker is wrong, then dismiss the warning.  On the flip side, if the broker's right and you're wrong, it's best NOT to accept a placeholder.  You figure out why you're wrong, and fix things.
This discussion has been closed.