now missing current year of manually entered transactions

Options
woben
woben Member ✭✭
Today I checked an account in my 2013 Quicken and see that I'm missing all of the transactions I've entered for this account this year plus some from December 2021. I enter my transactions manually. The missing transactions appear when I activate the "all transactions" command above the accounts listing, but not within the account. Transactions entered for the 12 previous years appear to all there. How do I correct this?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could be a couple diff things. Maybe you have your register sorted by something other than date. Click the DATE column heading to sort by date. Or maybe the register is filtered. Or maybe you opened an old backup copy instead of your current file. 

Filtered register? Unexpected register sort order? "Missing" data?

Could it be that your account register in Quicken is 

- filtered to show only certain transaction types or 
    - sorted in some unexpected way or 
    - limited to a certain Date Range or 
    - perhaps only showing the results of a search instead of "all transactions"?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• woben
    woben Member ✭✭
    Options
    The register is set up to include "all dates, any type and all transactions". Search box is empty. I've hit reset. Still have the problem. As mentioned, the missing transactions appear in the "all transactions" list so they're in Quicken. Other accounts appear ok...have 2022 transactions.
  • woben
    woben Member ✭✭
    Options
    If I switch from "all dates" to "This year" the missing transactions appear. Could this be an info overload situation?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you click on the Date column header as suggested by volvogirl?

Clicking on a column header will sort by that column. 
    Clicking a second time (not a double click) will reverse the order.  In your case, click on the Date column  header.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• woben
    woben Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Splasher. I had clicked on the date once, and after checking the result I clicked again. I'm not sure why the time element between clicks made a difference, if so. However that resolved the problem.
This discussion has been closed.