Is there any way to notify Quicken that it is incorrectly interpreting a ticker symbol?

LDBERGER44
LDBERGER44 Member ✭✭
Is there any way to notify Quicken that it is incorrectly interpreting a ticker symbol?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure understand the question.  What's happening in your file that prompts this question?
    You might find it useful to read through this post
    and see if something there fixes your problem.
  • LDBERGER44
    LDBERGER44 Member ✭✭
    This is not a matter of a CUSIP number. This is Quicken misinterpreting a ticker symbol as being the symbol for a different type of security with a vaguely similar name. Also I did attempt to manually edit the security name, but then if I accepted the download, it reverted to the incorrect name. And finally, my question is not merely how to fix this in my own file, but to notify Quicken that it is misinterpreting the ticker symbol.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the "Report a Problem" through the Help menu selection ... but that is not going to do any good if you don't elaborate on the situation enough for someone to replicate it.  Like the basic -- What's the ticker, how do you think it should be 'interpreted', how is it being 'interpreted', and what is the significance.  A difference in the name is not really consequential.  Pulling in different prices is a bigger deal.    
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, what’s the ticker and the “other” security with a similar name ? 
    Hard to guess at answers … 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.