Learning and Adjusting 2013

Options
OldQUser
OldQUser Member ✭✭
Just got upgraded to this with some help from the gang on another section here. Yes, I know it's old, but it's the best I can get to without monthly fees and it does what I want. But there are some curiosities.

If they are what there are, so be it. I know there won't be a lot of support for such an old version.

Register:

Category and memo field shrink and stretch together, as one. Is there a way to adjust the width for either field independently?

Calendar:

When choosing multiple accounts, the bar graph is reduced in size and confined to the lower left. The account list occupies the lower right. I would prefer the bar graph to occupy the full width and the account list not appear at all (as in 2003). Is this possible?

Register bottom bar:

I do not download any transactions from anywhere and never will. I enter everything manually. Is there a way to hide the 'Download Transactions' tab?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #Register:  You are in two-line mode. The main column size is adjustable, but the sub/second lines are not.  To switch to single line mode type Ctrl+2.  With that all the columns will be adjustable.

#Calendar.  You talk about the account bar.  Are you talking about displaying the calendar on the home tab?  If so, you can minimize the Account bar, but there isn't any way to get rid of it, and you need it for going to different accounts.  Select the triangle icon before the ACCOUNTS.  If you are actually talking about the me memorized payee list you can select the Options to decide what is shown in the calendar.
    Note you can have a calendar on the Home tab, but there is also a main one that you can access with Ctrl+K.

#Register/Downloaded Transactions tab:
    Select Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions -> select both of the Automatically add to ... checkboxes and then OK.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • OldQUser
    OldQUser Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    OK, 1 and 3 helped.

I'm using the main calendar that overlays the register. I would prefer that the account list not appear in the lower right and the bar graph occupy the whole width as it did in 2003. If it isn't possible, I can live with it. The first image shows how it is. The second shows how I would prefer it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK.  No, you can't turn off it showing what accounts are selected for that graph.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • OldQUser
    OldQUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, I can live with that. Mostly eye candy anyways. I turned the snapshots off so neither shows, only the calendar.
This discussion has been closed.