Uncategorized items in Spending

John Prokopek
John Prokopek Member ✭✭
This is regarding Quicken Deluxe v6.10.3 for Mac. Since the last upgrade Uncategorized items are not listed when I am viewing "Spending" entries. I have to view "Transactions" and then edit the categories which will then display those items in "Spending." Is this an intentional change?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    This is regarding Quicken Deluxe v6.10.3 for Mac. Since the last upgrade Uncategorized items are not listed when I am viewing "Spending" entries. I have to view "Transactions" and then edit the categories which will then display those items in "Spending." Is this an intentional change?
    Hello @John Prokopek,   

I am sorry about this problem with missing transactions in the Spending entries. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

I was unable to reproduce this symptom, and it is not a design feature of v6.10.3. Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.  

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @John Prokopek If you click over to the Home > Dashboard page, do you see these transactions in the Uncategorized Transactions panel? That new features should be the fastest way to find uncategorized transactions, and you can assign a category right in that panel.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • There doesn't seem to be a "Home" This is on a mac and that version is different from the windows version. If I select "All Transactions" in the accounts list I will seen "Uncategorized" under spending. My issue, mind you it is more of an annoyance, is that I am viewing all accounts under "Banking" and that would include my credit card. So "Uncategorized" items for that card should be displayed. That is the way it has alway been until the last upgrade.
    Like I said, it's not a biggie.
    thanks
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Here's where the Home button is.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Thanks! I left my brains and ability to see somewhere. I never go into that view. Actually I never noticed that line of choices. Not very observant. I usually just go to Spending and highlight Banking to see my my purchases. Just the basics I guess. I have gotten used to Uncategorized purchases displayed in this mode. I'm so lazy! thanks again. Have a great holiday.
This discussion has been closed.