Action Field Issues (and Dates while we're at it) (Q Mac)

crashmeister3
crashmeister3 Member ✭✭
What is Quicken doing with the Action Field? You can create your own, but it screws them up at any chance it is given.

1. If I set an Action, do NOT change it when you download a matching transaction!
2. If I set or change the Action on a scheduled Transfer, do NOT blank out the Action on the other half of the transfer. I am not interested in playing whack-a-mole trying to set the Action field in different accounts!
3. Action and Date fields - why are they not present on the multi-transaction editor ? You have to do them one at a time! I have wasted hours dealing with this oversight.

What am I missing? I want to use 'Transfer' for inter account transfers at a single institution (Checking/Savings etc at my bank) and 'EFT' for inter-institution transfers (Bank/Investment company etc). The action field should be the same in BOTH accounts!

Edit: #2 is for scheduled transfers.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    What is Quicken doing with the Action Field? You can create your own, but it screws them up at any chance it is given.

1. If I set an Action, do NOT change it when you download a matching transaction!

2. If I set or change the Action on a scheduled Transfer, do NOT blank out the Action on the other half of the transfer. I am not interested in playing whack-a-mole trying to set the Action field in different accounts!

3. Action and Date fields - why are they not present on the multi-transaction editor ? You have to do them one at a time! I have wasted hours dealing with this oversight.

What am I missing? I want to use 'Transfer' for inter account transfers at a single institution (Checking/Savings etc at my bank) and 'EFT' for inter-institution transfers (Bank/Investment company etc). The action field should be the same in BOTH accounts!

Edit: #2 is for scheduled transfers.
    Hello @crashmeister3,            

I am sorry about these frustrations with the Action field, scheduled transfers, and the Date field. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Note that the Action field will clear the other half of the Transfer by design, and likewise, Action and Date field information is intentionally excluded in the Multi-Transaction Editing feature. In regards to this problem with changing Action information, have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • If, as you say, these are by design, then perhaps time to rethink the design ?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    If, as you say, these are by design, then perhaps time to rethink the design ?
    Hello @crashmeister3,   

Thanks for discussing this matter with us in greater detail.

I noticed an Idea proposal that may related to what you are interested in. I was hoping you could look at the proposal in the thread linked here and add your vote if this looks like the product feature you had in mind. There should be a gray box in view in the lower left-hand corner of the original post with a triangle and a number inside of it; you should be able to click this to add your vote. Hopefully the screenshot below makes it clearer.

If you had something else in mind, then 
    I want to draw your attention to the process of submitting Idea posts. You can create an Idea post using the instructions provided in this link, here. Essentially, users are able to suggest a feature that they would like to see implemented in the software, and it is then voted on by the members of the Quicken Community. If the proposal is popular enough, it is then handed off to the development team for consideration. 

I hope that this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Voted. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.